Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Scott, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

How to estimate homeowner's insurance rates?

Asked by Scott, Jacksonville, FL Sat Apr 12, 2008

I will be moving back to Jacksonville this summer with a new job and new salary. I'm trying to figure out just how much house I can afford. One mysterious but possibly significant expense may be homeowner's insurance, particularly if I manage to swing a property on the water. How can I get a ballpark estimate of insurance rates?

Answers

2
Contact an INDEPENDENT insurance agency in Jacksonville when you have an address--even if you pick an address from mls that you like. They can give you a price based on the address.
Web Reference: http://www.MykeTriebold.com
Wow! That is a tough one, Scott. There really is no "ballpark" figure for homeowner insurance here in Florida. You really need to know the address of the property and call around to various insurance companies. Even then, the quotes will vary widely from insurance company to insurance company. If you want to know what your flood insurance rate would be you need to know the address as well as have an elevation certificate in order to get an insurance quote. I have been selling real estate for several years now in Northeast Florida and even I am totally confused about insurance rates! If you want more information about insurance rates here in Florida click on the link to study a comparison of insurance rates for Florida.