Home Buying in 11235>Question Details

bva2, Home Owner in Wilmette, IL

How to check if a lien was placed on a property (NYC)?

Asked by bva2, Wilmette, IL Sat Mar 9, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


For a small fee of $49, you can get a detailed property report at http://www.nextace.com that has lien and judgement information along with tax record, mortgage information and ownership history
Web Reference: http://www.nextace.com
9 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 11, 2014
The right website address that allows you search for lien is http://www.searchq.com
Flag Tue Nov 10, 2015
You can also check http://www.search.com for lien.
Flag Tue Nov 10, 2015
If you just want the lien and judgement information, the cost to download a property report is just $29 on nextace.com
Flag Tue Nov 11, 2014
There is a system called "ACRIS" or automated city register information system, however it involves advanced industry knowledge in order to properly utilize the resources. Keep in mind, that it takes some time after submission for the record to appear in the system.

Here is a link: http://a836-acris.nyc.gov/Scripts/Coverpage.dll/index


David Zybin
Broker/ Owner
Nord-East Realty Group, LLC
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 11, 2013
You can also check the lien for free at http://www.searchq.com
If your home has a lien, it should be indicated on the free property report. If you want more details on the possible lien, you can pay a small fee to download a comprehensive property report.
Flag Thu Nov 6, 2014
how to find if there is a lien on my property
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 11, 2014
Hey i need a realtor whose willing to contact all lis pending and foreclosure pending owner and put in a offer for me.

I would pay cash at closing, would sign the contract right away just looking for one of the guy who fail to pay their taxes on th property for what ever reason to give in and take the money.

I would offer $150,000 is what i would submit for each one and give 10% to the realtor.
They can settle with the tax lien processor like mtagservice and w.e the bank use.
Each property i would be more than happy to submit this offer to but i cant get in contact with the owner of those property.

all small aparment building which are in the lis pening list on property shark.

Park Versailles
Van Nest
Fordham Heights
Williamsbridge( house date enter 4/11)

So you guy email me at NYREINVESTMENT@AOL.COM
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 18, 2013
Dear bva2:

There are several ways to go about checking, 1) You can go to the Kings County Clerks office located at 360 Adams Street in Brooklyn to research it yourself, 2) you can pay a title company to do a lien search on a property for you or 3) there is a web site http://www.PropertyShark.com where you can get most of that information. To be 100% thorough you should take option 1 or 2. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me direct. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 10, 2013
In New York City; you can go to the County Clerks Office where the property is.

Kathryn Lilly, Broker
Realty on the Greene, LLC
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 10, 2013
Hello BVA,

Do you have a Propertyshark account?


Call me anytime if you need further assistance.

Luke Constantino
(212) 300-3919
8410 20th Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11214
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 10, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer