Home Buying in Mesa>Question Details

John Love, Home Buyer in Norway, MI

How to buy when living overseas?

Asked by John Love, Norway, MI Mon Jan 28, 2008

U.S. Citizen living overseas wanting to buy a condo in Mesa AZ. area. I have financing in the country I live in. How do I go about purchasing a condo?

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Mesa

Answers

3
Find a local agent willing to take ALOT of pictures and who knows how to use the internet!!!! I have been doing a lot of business lately with Canadians, and some days go through multiple packs of batteries with my digital camera. I agree with Ilona, you are really going to need to get financed by a US lender, unless your lender is financing you against another property that you already own, in which case you would essentially be paying cash here in the US.

Why a condo in Mesa? Are you moving back to the area or will this be a second home? What price range? What features of the home and neighborhood amenities are important to you?

Please let me know if you would like some assistance with your long distance home purchase.....I take great pictures!

Randy Curnutt
randy@buyanewhomeinaz.com
602-677-1002
There are lots of financing programs available, some very easy to obtain as long as there is enough of a down payment (25% of sales price).

Just find a great agent who will listen to your needs and zero in on the right place. It shouldn't be much different than working with out of state clients. I know a great bunch of agents who work extensively with buyers from out of state and everseas. Visit them at http://www.ValleySolutionsTeam.com

It seems straight-forward. Contact us if there are any special circumstances not mentioned in your question.
Does anyone in the U.S. have Power of Attorney for you? You may be able to use that or give someone Power of Attorney. You would really need to speak to a loan officer.
I believe that you will need financing in the U.S. and even a bank account for automatic pay. I know that's how it works for citizens of Canada.
Best of Luck!
Ilona
Web Reference: http://www.ILONAPOKA.com