Home Buying in Bushkill>Question Details

Dr. J, Home Buyer in Emerald Isle, NC

How to Close Quickly on a Nice Home in The Pocono Area?

Asked by Dr. J, Emerald Isle, NC Thu Nov 15, 2012

We've been searching to purchase a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, single family detached home, somewhere in Carbon, Monroe, or Carbon counties. We're open to other locations, so long as there is close access to the New Jersey public transport system for NYC (within half an hour).

Specifically, we need about 2K square feet on at least two floors; hardwood or laminate floors in the common areas; a wood-burning fireplace; much natural light, including skylights; ceramic rather than linoleum in kitchen and baths; a large kitchen; and washer-dryer hookups. Newer appliances would be great, but we can add those. The house must be ready for occupancy, and in the district of a great elementary school.

Since early October, we've been shown several lovely places, none of which have passed inspection. This is becoming frustrating, as we're nearing time to move; we're searching long-distance; and we've yet to find the right realtor.

Any thoughts?

Answers

3
Hello Dr J,

I can close quickly on the mortgage side of things. Probably in less than three weeks if you have the paperwork together. I'd be happy to suggest a realtor that is suitable for your needs.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010 & 2012
NMLS ID 143960
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 15, 2012
What price range are you searching in? Not sure what you mean by "passed inspection." How bad were the inspections? Were the sellers unwilling to work with you to resolve any issues?

Every house, especially older homes, will have some sort of inspection issue, much of which is normal wear and tear on a home and often can be corrected and is not necessarily abnormal for a home of its age.

Sometimes, expectations are set above what the homes in the market will provide, depending on the price range. I have encountered several buyers who are VERY READY to buy a like new, $200,000 house...but only if they can get it for under $130,000. :)
Our inspector found open-splice and abandoned wiring, in a "newly renovated" home, leading the area around the hot water heater to spark and catch flame. The attic had black mold. Though the sellers, a corporation, agreed to cure all defects, there were so many problems, at least six months' work—and a great deal of trust—would have been involved. In another instance, the water had been contaminated. So: major problems—clearly beyond normal wear and tear.
Flag Thu Nov 15, 2012
Hello, Having a good mortgage company can make all the difference, but first thing you need is to find a home, I have a few house you can see on my website PoconoDreams.com
Email or call me for more info.

Leon Rybner
President
Mobile: 917-804-4644
http://www.PoconoDreams.com
"Relocation Specialist"
"Specializing in First Time Home Buyer"