Home Buying in Grand Prairie>Question Details

Stephanie, Renter in Arlington, TX

How soon should I start looking for a rental home in the Arlington or Grand Prairie area if I want my move in date to be in September?

Asked by Stephanie, Arlington, TX Sun Jan 20, 2013

Answers

4
About 30 days out. You may have to give notice at your current place before you lock down a new one. These days most owners will only hold a place vacant for 2-3 weeks before they expect you to start paying rent. The best properties rent quickly, so starting about 30days out will allow you to see the properties, apply and move in the most opportune timing.

Due to the demand for great properties these days, have your application filled out, deposit and app fees ready, and any supporting documentation you can provide to make your applications stand out like copies of your driver's license, W2s, pay stubs, letters from employers, reference letter from current landlord, etc. Not all required, but I'd have these ready before you ever even look so you can get right to any place you find and try to lock it down.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I would look at your lease to see how much notice you have to give, then give it at least 2 months before that to start looking.
Hi Stephanie,

Usually 30 days prior to your move in.

Dixon
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
Depending on how familiar you are with the area, probably around June or July.