Home Buying in Fremont>Question Details

naenae, Home Buyer in Fremont, CA

How soon must I sign a Buyer's Rep Agreement in TN.?

Asked by naenae, Fremont, CA Sat Mar 9, 2013

I recently contacted a realtor to show me some houses after having spent a year and a half with my last agent. My last agent only showed me 11 homes in that time, two of which I offered on. The only time I was shown a house was when I found one and asked to see it - even after multiple requests for the agent to please find some homes to show me. I can't believe it's a year and a half later and I'm still commuting to work. Because of this, I want to know before I sign a rep agreement that the agent is going to be pro-active and actually put some effort into finding me a home rather than waiting for me to do all the work of finding the home. This new agent spent about 40 mins on the phone with me, which was nice, and will be showing me two homes tomorrow that I asked to see. I'm worried he's going to ask me to sign a buyers rep agreement and I just feel its too soon. When is it appropriate to sign the agreement? I can't afford to waste anymore time.

Hi there... are you buying in Fremont... or Tennessee (TN)??
Flag Thu Mar 14, 2013
If you like working with agent 2 . You can sign the agreement. So agent 2 be motivated to work with you as well. The agreement doesn't have to be 1 and a half year long like your previous agent. It can be for 3 month, 6 months depending on what is your comfort level. Feel free to call or email if you have any other question Good Luck :))

When you are working with realtor,he or she is working for free until you purchased a home.You want to sign buyer rep agreement when agent is showing home and you like working with the agent.Good Luck!!!!