Home Buying in Springfield>Question Details

butrflii, Home Buyer in Woodbridge, VA

How soon in the process should you part ways with your loan officer?

Asked by butrflii, Woodbridge, VA Wed Mar 27, 2013

I recently submitted all of the required documents for a VDHA loan. I submitted them to my loan officer on February 27th. I've emailed/called her several times. She has not responded back to my VMs or emails. About 1.5 wks ago she answered the phone and said that she had emailed me back (no such email was received) and was heading to her office and would call me in about an hour. I waited, still today (March 28th) I have not heard anything from her.

A month later, I do not know if (1) she has processed my application/paperwork, (2) whether she pulled my credit again, (3) whether I am pre-approved for a loan or not...nothing. I am growing VERY impatient and a bit perturbed b/c she highly recommended.

My questions are, if I move my business along:
1) would she be able to get a cut of my new LOs fee
2) will I be penalized for having too many credit inquiries in such a short amt of time
3) suggestions on how to tell her since she doesn't return my calls/emails would be helpful

Answers

3
I would say you have waited long enough, I would recommend working with a local Bank that you can walk into if needed. Your credit score may have a minimum impact but if it is only the second inquiry which is very typical as most people shop around it is nothing to worry about. I do not believe that your current lender will have any cut in the LO fees that you decided to go with. With regards to the other answers I agree that if you are already working with a Realtor they should be able to assist you. Good Luck!
If you are already working with a Realtor he/she should be able to advise you in this matter. When choosing a Realtor you should look for one who has a reputable lender and title company on their team, such as myself. My team and I would be happy to work for you. Please give me a call directly on my cell at 703-307-3449 to discuss further. You can also email m at johnginty@kw.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

John Ginty
Keller Williams Capital Properties Fairfax
10300 Eaton Place, Suite 120
Fairfax, VA 22030
JohnGinty@kw.com
http://www.JohnGintySells.com
I'm sorry to hear that we have people in our industry who can be so unprofessional and irresponsible...
First of all, are you working with a Realtor?? As he/she can help you with this. If not, then I would definitely like to talk with you to assist you with this matter. It would also be good to know the name of this loan officer. If she has pulled your credit but hasn't work on your application at all and being so unresponsive then you can definitely file a complaint against her or at least talk to one of her supervisors ~ but if you don't want to do that and simply want to get answers for your questions or need someone to help you with VHDA loan, let me know - I have some very reputable lenders who work with me and would be happy to help you!!
I've worked with buyers with VHDA loan in the past and can have my experience work for you as well. I look forward to hearing from you and being of service!!

Faiza Alvi - Realtor®
Prince William Realty, Inc.
703-389-7973 (Direct)
703-580-9995 (Fax)
http://www.house2homeva.com
MILLION DOLLAR CLUB - PWAR 2011

I believe:
Real Estate is about building relationships
& serving clients with honesty, integrity & passion.