Home Buying in The Colony>Question Details

Jay Smith, Home Buyer in The Colony, TX

How safe is the colony?

Asked by Jay Smith, The Colony, TX Thu Feb 21, 2013

I'm mainly concerned about my wife and my dogs welfare when I'm not at home and out of town

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3101524791-4832-Wheeler-Dr-Th…

I'm not a Realtor, I'm a resident of The Colony who has lived here since 2009 and we have never had any issues or heard of any. (Not to say there hasn't been any) It's really quiet and safe and the people are friendly. :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 1, 2013
I've never heard anyone complaining about The Colony. If you are concern about safety I would suggest contacting the local police department. You can also check https://www.crimereports.com/.

If you are not currently working with a realtor then I'd be happy to assist you. I have friends living in the Colony and they love it there.

Take care,
Susie Kay, Realtor®
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Very safe. We have been here since 1996 and is a great town to raise children and dogs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013
Safe is all relative. A cheap neighborhood will not be as "safe" as an expensive neighborhood. Do your due diligence and investigate any neighborhoods your are interested in. There are many online sites to do that.
I have friends and clients who are residences for The Colony have zero issues with anything. Any where in the world will have crime even luxury communities.

Check PD website for stat's OR consider another area of DFW if you have concerns.

The Colony homes for sale The Colony Tx - website updated daily

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer

Follow me on Facebook
Crime is everywhere, but I've never really heard people be concerned about the Colony.

If it is a real issue, you might contact the police department non-emergency number and ask for the CRO or community resource officer and discuss your concerns.

If you look around most violent crime in these areas is between people who know each other. Husband kidnapping the children, murder-suicide between husband and wife, etc.... not random between people who don't know each other.

You can see more homes in the area at this link:

If you want to see inside the home on Wheeler just let me know.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Hi, You can visit http://www.SpotCrime.com and http://www.CrimeReports.com for street specific crimes.

Click on "local info" link at the top of the Trulia site. You can research the area in detail street by street. It is a great source for information. I would be happy to provide an MLS listing report & answer questions if you are not already working with a Realtor.
Agents don't like to comment on crime because it opens themselves up to liability (it's not a Fair Housing issue like some have suggested). As a current resident of The Colony since 2001 I can tell you my family loves it and we all feel safe enough to walk the dog at night and run around the block when we need exercise. Not to say The Colony is crime-free but there's worse places to live. YMMV.

I'd be happy to sit with you and share my expertise on the area.

Mike Gonzalez
SFR-Certified REALTOR® / Broker
Mosaic Realty
214-783-4240 | Mike@MosaicDFW.com
Mike, Steering falls under the heading of Fair Housing laws which describes not only channeling but discouraging potential buyers from a certain neighborhood based just not on the racial make-up of a neighborhood but other factors as well which includes crime activity.
Flag Thu Feb 21, 2013
By Fair Housing laws, real estate agents cannot comment on whether a neighborhood is considered safe. I suggest that you contact the local police department and inquire about the crime activity in The Colony to hear first-hand the frequency and types of crimes in that area.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty