Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

liviawoods,  in Charlotte, NC

How safe is downtown Charlotte to live in a rental apartment/townhouse becasue my office is in downtown. We have no kids

Asked by liviawoods, Charlotte, NC Sat Oct 12, 2013

Answers

5
Good afternoon, Livia:
There are some great places to live Uptown which offer secure parking and secure building access. A call to the local police precinct would clear this up. The officer who patrols the area should be able to provide an accurate and current assessment - especially if you provide a specific address. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
I lived in Charlotte a few years ago and found downtown Charlotte to be a clean safe area to live. It has gotten better over the last few years and has more things to do and see. The downtown area has really grown up.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Livia,

Uptown is a great place to live if you have no kids. I personally do not live there because of having children. But past clients of mine have told me that it was one of the best experiences they had. It was very upbeat and vibrant and the safety to them was never an issue.

I personally am not that much of an expert when it comes to uptown as a place to live...But I recommend you talk to a realtor that knows uptown very well. There are different pockets to it depending on what you are looking for and the right person would be able to help answer a lot of questions about it as well as direct you to the areas that might be best suited for you

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Helen Adams Realty
ddicecco@helenadamsrealty.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
It's safe. It's really pretty great. It's clean... and there is tons to do. Depending on what area you pick First, Third or 4th Ward.. they all have their own vibe and perks. Check out our website http://www.HIphoods.com and you can see info on all the uptown neighborhoods.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Please call me to learn more about living in the Uptown.
Alan
704.271.4740
alansussman@helenadamsrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013