Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

nitaj49, Renter in 60624

How safe is W Maypole I have a 16 year daughter and was considering moving in a apartment. I am a single parent age 41

Asked by nitaj49, 60624 Fri Nov 2, 2012

Answers

9
It's illegal for us to answer if a neighborhood is good or bad, however, you can check the crime statistics on the chicago police department site for that area.

I work with owners and property managers in the North Lawndale, East Garfield, West Garfield and Homan Square area. If you would like assistance in finding an apartment, please give me a call.

Jamye Paul
Broker
Kale Realty
773.598.9309
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 2, 2012
Google "Chicago crime map" for an unbiased comparison of areas. You should visit the area several times to see if you like the area and feel comfortable.

Best of luck,

Ivan Sagel
312.515.7823
Ivan@atproperties.com
Hello Nita,

Best advise is to drive by the neighborhood and check it for yourself. Opinions vary and as far as safety is concerned it's subjective.

We cannot state what is safer than another neighborhood as this would be a violation of the fair housing laws.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Trulia offers some interesting charts on crime statistic and other neighborhood facts that can help you determine how secure and comfortable you would be along side many of its listings on its map feature.
The reason you haven't received a number of answers is that Realtors are not allowed to give our opinions on the safety of a street or neighborhood. There are sources for the crime stats for all Chicago neighborhoods (i.e.Chicago Police Dept). You can google the neighborhood, there are often community groups who can answer some of your questions. I always recommend to my clients who are considering moving into a new neighborhood, visit the neighborhood at different times of the day. especially evening time. Talk to residents and people you meet.

I know it is not easy to make this kind of decision, good luck.
what a beautiful time of the year for the two of you to get a hot chocolate at about 4 PM and go walk around a neighborhood..choosing to participating in your childs life
We cant comment on things of this nature. Check out crimebyblock.com or go check out the area on different times of the day, night, and weekend. Only you know whats best for your family!
That depends entirely upon how far west on Maypole you're looking. Realtors can't give specific information regarding safety of neighborhoods, but take a look at this crime map to see for yourself.

https://data.cityofchicago.org/Public-Safety/Crime-Map-2012/…
Drive by the area at different times of the day and see if the "vibe" of the neighborhood is to your liking.

Also try:
http://chicago.everyblock.com/crime/

and

http://gis.chicagopolice.org/