Home Buying in Maplewood>Question Details

Mouandc, Home Buyer in Berkeley Heights, NJ

How safe is Maplecrest Park?

Asked by Mouandc, Berkeley Heights, NJ Mon Aug 20, 2012

Answers

5
Thank you for these responses. I'm surprised - though perhaps I shouldn't be - that there is such a discrepancy between the realtors' responses about the safety of Maplecrest Park and the police blotter in Maplewood, public info to all. A teenager was held at gunpoint in May 2011, but three of the four realtors who responded say there is no problem at all? Why then does a basic Google search indicate the existence of numerous civic groups devoted to improving the safety of the park? I did appreciate the reply from one realtor who advised looking into the situation with more caution. Good to know some professionals can remain honest and keep their integrity in the face of a tough business.
Maplecrest is a truly lovely park, that is used and enjoyed by the community for both organized and relaxed and passive activity. The park is a wonderful asset to the town. The park hosts Baseball games, day camp outings and lessons, festivals, plus walking paths and a terrific the playground and more. My children and I have enjoyed this park tremendously over the years as we live close by. Once we even rented a field for my son's birthday party, we had a blast!. In early spring one of the back meadows is covered with white wild flowers, gorgeous!
The park is open from dawn to dusk and the Maplewood Police Station and Courthouse is literally adjacent to the park. As stated previously they will have the most accurate information regarding the safety of the park and they can be reached by calling 973-763-3402
feel free to contact me for more info about Maplewood, our community and our homes. I would be happy to help you to better get to know my town.
Best regards
Maria
My son attends the YMCA day camp (SOMAPPY) and they spend 1/2 day at the park. The police station is around the corner on Springfield Ave. As realtors, we have to be careful on all information regarding this issue. Past instances have been considered as steering clients to one town or another...or one area of town to another. So as what has all ready been stated, you should always contact the local police dept. and ask about your concerns.

If you are looking in the Maplewood and South Orange area, please feel free to reach out to me on my cell phone, and I'd love to discuss and even tour the area with you, to help you get a better sense of the community.

Tom McCauley
Keller Williams MID TOWN DIRECT REALTY
cell: 973-508-9716
One of the nicest things about Maplewood is it's many smaller neighborhood parks such as Maplecrest. Most towns do not have this luxury! I've lived in Maplewood for 17 years and haven't heard of any issues in the park. Your best bet is to contact the Maplewood Police Dept. at 973-762-1234 and speak to them directly about any incidents (if any) at Maplecrest. If you'd like to get a better sense of the community please reach out to me. My website is http://www.azhomesnj.com. Good luck. Allison.
Maplecrest Park in Maplewood, NJ?