Home Buying in Homestead>Question Details

Smokley, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

How safe is Homestead,FL for families with small children?

Asked by Smokley, Miami, FL Sun Jan 23, 2011

Is the crime rate higher than in Miami?

Answers

5
I live in Homestead very close to where the air force base is located. ( SW 288th st/biscayne dr and 137th ave/speedway). I have resided here since 2004 and love it. Back when we first moved in there were a few problems though.... I had to drive miles just to buy milk, nothing in site. Also there were several break-ins in my neighborhood including our home! But keep in mind, we bought pre-construction. When we moved in we were 1 of only 3 families, every other home was empty but filled with appliances ready for move in. I have heard of this problem everywhere so no need to discriminate due to area. This is no longer a problem, and neither is shopping. Publix shopping centers are plentiful and so is dining and entertainment. We now have Red Lobster, Longhorn, and Olive Garden! Ive worked in Ruby Tuesday since 2008 and it feels as if I live in such a small community. Very family friendly people that always remember your name. I have a 7 month old son and look forward to remaining in Homestead. I studied criminal justice for 1 1/2 years and crime rate usually tends to be higher in higher populated areas. Why? High traffic, high stress. Neighbors too close, annoying! More demand for supply, higher prices, .... higher stress. Not enough greenery, higher stress!! I could keep going... why do you think green is always featured in spas?
Hello my name is Angelo I live in Maryland outside of wash.dc I put a contract on a condo in homestead an it's in gated area and its around seven years old it's called Keys Cove I'm planning to relocate my family in homestead what do you think? Angelo
Flag Fri Jul 12, 2013
I grew up in Miami and now live in Homestead and abosolutely love it! People around here are much more friendly and courteous than the large melting pot in Miami. My children can safely play in the streets without speeding cars. Of couse, every town has crime. Miami is also on the top 5 for being the rudest city. So, any place other than Miami would be a better place for your children to grow up in.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 12, 2011
Consider visiting any neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging; check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 25, 2011
Depends on the area. The property value is a lot lower than Miami. There is a lot of new construction in Homestead.
Professional code of ethics prevents real estate agent make any comments however we can refer you to

Police website OR Google search zip codes OR media published reports

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com