Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Jeremybanks1, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

How realistic is it to find a starter house for 160k west of I-35 and newer than 1990?? Am I being unrealistic? – 1st time homebuyer

Asked by Jeremybanks1, Austin, TX Thu Jan 31, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3107225761-Colorado-Crossing-…

Answers

12
Anne Cobern’s answer
No you are not being unrealistic depending on what you are looking for in square footage. I office in Cedar Park/Round Rock area and live off of 1431 if you are referring to that area. There may be some definite possibilities in Cedar Park and Leander. Please feel free to email or give me a call if I can help you!
Dear Jeremy,
They are out there, generally in far south and far north Austin. They tend to sell very quickly because that is a price point that more people can afford. You may have more options if you go further out into Cedar Park and Leander, plus you will get a lot more house for the money.

If your heart is set on being in Austin proper, you may consider a condo or townhome. They would give you the more central address but without the hassle of keeping up a big yard. Some condos/townhomes do have small yards or big patios if you need outdoor space for a pet. If I can be of further help please let me know.

Betina
Hi Jeremy -
You're doing he smartest thing - researching - because the market is very hot so knowledge allows you to move quickly when things come up. I have a Homebuyer Q&A scheduled at our Hyde Park office on the 13th at 6pm - please come by - no obligation whatsoever. See website for details and good luck to you!
Web Reference: http://www.jaynesaustin.com
Fantastic! I will be in attendance. Many thanks!
Flag Mon Feb 4, 2013
Hello Jeremy,

Would you please clarify which area you desire? Do you know about Leander TX and would that work for you?

Jeffrey Nyland, REALTOR®, GRI, SRS, ABR
The Nyland Team
Prudential Texas Realty
512-626-8552 (Direct)
512-267-3640 (Fax)
Jeffrey@NylandTeam.com
http://www.NylandTeam.com
Jeffrey Nyland TX AUC# 16644
Exceeding Expectations!
Leander would probably be a fall back plan, i'd prefer to be in the city. I'm not a hurry and want this purchase to be the best investment -- being in the city seems like the best investment location.
Flag Fri Feb 1, 2013
Jeremy,

Good day to you. There is actually a fair amount of inventory out there right now that meets your basic requirments. This inventory consist of both re-sale and new home construction. The KEY is that you will have to be a little farther out from downtown Austin. You will have to be willing to make a commute as these homes are in the suburbial areas. There are some good deals too. Please feel free to visit our web site at WWW. CORNERSTONENEWHOMESOLUTIONS.COM where you can search for inventory based on your requirements without obligation. If you have questions orneed guidance or assistance feel free to contact us at your convenience. 1st Time Homebuyers are one of our specialities.

Happy hunting,

Stephen B. McClain, Broker Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions

http://www.CornerstoneNewHomeSolutons.com
512-876-3116
Jeremy,
I'd be happy to help you if you are not working with a Realtor already. They are out there but time is of the essence when they pop up. The closer to Austin' Center you get the faster they go right now.
They are out there..:) Suburban south and suburban north. There are even a few new construction opportunities. Call, text or email me if you would like more info.. 512-507-5142.
No, I don't think you're being unrealistic but it will not be easy. And it will also depend on if you are looking to go outside of Austin proper, perhaps get a house that needs a little TLC, etc.?

If you don't yet have a Realtor, I would be happy to work with you (at no cost to you), and help you find something that fits your criteria. I have a great team of lenders, inspectors, etc. and work with first-time homebuyers all of the time and have some great resources and tools to help you navigate the process and make it a lot less stressful and complicated than it needs to be.

If you would like some excellent, professional assistance, feel free to call on me!

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012)
Call 512-261-4415
that's going to be tough. even with condos that will be tough
You stuck on a home or is a condo a possibility?
If you only want an Austin address, it's not impossible but the pickings are slim. If you want to consider the Cedar Park/Leander area, then the numbers jump. Only Austin, I come up with three, when I include Cedar Park/Leander the number jumps to 21.

If you're not working with an agent, you should be. It's hard enough for us to find these, let alone someone trying to do it on their own driving around. Call or E-mail me for a list and to talk about what you're trying to accomplish.
Ron Cullinan
Avalar Austin
GRI, CRS, ABR, CLHMS, e-Pro
512-799-3239
austin_realtor@earthlink.net
http://www.austinonlinehomes.com
Are you looking north or south of the river?