Home Buying in Stroudsburg>Question Details

Neil Ashton, Both Buyer and Seller in Tampa, FL

How practical would it be to commute to Bergen County, NJ (Woodcliff Lake) from eastern Pennsylvania (say the Stroudsburg area)?

Asked by Neil Ashton, Tampa, FL Fri Nov 26, 2010

Answers

5
I hope you like to sit in traffic rt 80 25 miles into jersey can be a parking lot from 730-900 am and then back in the PM were rt 280 and 287 connect all the way to exit 25
I would consider leasing a helicopter.
what is your tolerance level?

it's not a "practical" commute, although people do it.

so...I ask again..........how long of a commute can you tolerate?

As a suggestion.........Try it, and see what you think before making the move - at rush hour!

Best wishes....
Yes, you will be in good company. The influx of commuters who travel from Stroudsburg and East Stroudsburg to New Jersey and New York has been growing steadily for over ten years. If you prefer taking the bus to driving your car, see Martz Trailways at http://www.martztrailways.com. Martz buses run every 15 mins between 4 am and noon weekdays from several locations in the Poconos including Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburg, and Delaware Water Gap. Ask about monthly passes. Welcome to northeastern Pennsylvania!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 28, 2010
Hello Mr. Ashton,

According to Google Maps, the drive (town to town) is 77 miles which takes about 1.5 hours one way. Add time in wintry weather. This may seem like a lot but many go even further each workday, to New York CIty and back. I feel the beauty of the Pocono Mountains area is well worth any extra driving. With all the other commuters in the Stroudsburg area, I believe they must also feel that way. I love it here and I hope you will, too!

Lin Wetzel
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 27, 2010