Billcov9, Home Buyer in Cary, NC

How often do trains run on the tracks behind the house at 105 Cypress Creek Ct.? Bill

Asked by Billcov9, Cary, NC Sun Mar 17, 2013

Answers

3
Paul Folmsbee’s answer
Hi Bill.

The speed on these tracks is limited to 15 MPH because of the age and design of the railbed. Trains use this spur to deliver freight to businesses, several days per week.

In addition to the number of trains, I always recommend looking at the nearest grade crossing when evaluating railroad situations. Those are spots where the engineer is required to sound a warning signal (consisting of two long blasts , one short, and another long).

For 105 Cypress Creek Court, the nearest such crossing is 2,350 feet to the north. You will hear it, but infrequently. I have helped several buyers purchase homes along this rail line, and train activity has not been an issue.

Paul Folmsbee, Broker-in-Charge
Re/Max Integrity
Cary/Morrisville NC
http://www.trulia.com/profile/PF
http://www.Take-Tour.com
Hi Bill;

That line is a freight line I believe and is traveled infrequently. I am trying to verify that now. That stretch runs from Durham to Apex and beyond in both directions but does not have as many trains as the Amtrak routes.

That is a great home and I would be honored to assist you in your home search and purchase. This is in a great location and is in Great condition.

Jim Bartlett - Cary Home Seller
jim@caryhomeseller.com
919-961-1238
Hi Bill,
I live in Cary and the train tracks run behind my house. They are infrequent. When we moved here, we were worried about same, and its been a non-issue. Now, for other houses, if they are quite near the tracks, it would be reason not to live there because even though infrequent, some homes are so close that it wakes people up and rattles the windows! Do you know how far behind the home the tracks are for this home? You can email me directly at annefdennis@gmail.com :)