lookingtobuy, Home Buyer in Pewaukee, WI

How often do the trains run in Pewaukee? Near Duplainville Rd (going north/south) and near Wisconsin Ave/Watertown Rd/Green Rd (going east/west)?

Asked by lookingtobuy, Pewaukee, WI Fri May 17, 2013

Interested in a number of houses around those areas. It's hard to find a house in Pewaukee (east of Hwy 16) that's not near tracks! Any comments are much appreciated!

Answers

3
Last time I called the RR to ask, I was told there were 24 trains a day on those tracks.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
I have a friend that lives just off Springdale near the switch of those 2 tracks. They do run pretty often. Residents I speak with just get used to the noise. The railroad wont disclose the number of trains that actually run and what time they run.

Let me know if you have any questions on the area

Bradley Koenig

Your Local Home Team, LLC
262-719-7393
http://www.YourMilwaukeeHomesForSale.com
Brad@yourlocalhometeam.com
The trains run multiple times per day. These are active tracks that also run along the north side of Pewaukee Lake. Due to the lake homes in this area, they do not blow the train whistle at some of the crossings so that eliminates some of the noise associated with the train. The homes on Green Rd are very near to the tracks.
As you look at homes, there are many places that are not as near to the tracks, but railroad tracks are a reality in most of our communities including Elm Grove, Sussex, Pewaukee, Hartland, Merton, Brookfield, etc. All of these are very nice communities where we work with the railroad tracks with our buyers all the time.
If you are actively looking and would like to expedite things, I can work with you to find the right house that is not near the tracks. What price range are you in and what are you looking for? Number of bedrooms, baths, garage space, lot size? I am happy to help. Just contact me.
Kathy Schneider 262 844 2608
email: kschneider@firstweber.com