Adriana, Home Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

How often do the trains pass through and how noisy is it?

Asked by Adriana, Fort Worth, TX Wed Aug 21, 2013

Answers

3
Adriana,
It really depends on which specific neighborhood you are referring to about the trains and noise.

The very exclusive community of River Forest, which has homes from $300K on up to 1 million and over, is right next to Vickery where the trains change tracks etc., and the homes just keep on selling there. I have asked some homeowners about noise and they say that they rarely notice the noise.

I know that you can hear trains for up to a mile from tracks....but our ears tend to tune it out and it becomes "white" noise. Let me know if I can answer more specifically about a particular area.

DiAnne Arnette
Williams Trew Sotheby's International Realty
Camp Bowie office
Did you not read the question?
It says "The Parks of Deer Creek."
Flag Thu Aug 22, 2013
Good Morning Adriana
The Train tracks in the area around Parks of Deer Creek are very active. If noise is a concern to you you do need to check the area personally. Some railroad crossings are silent in the area so there is no horn, however horns aren't the only noise trains produce. As a matter of good practice it is a good idea for a prospective home buyer to visit the areas that they are looking at purchasing in at several different times during the day. In doing this you can get an idea about noise, traffic and possibly the opportunity to meet some of the neighbors and ask them about noise and traffic too! Best of luck to you in your home search.

John Straub
817-729-4281
john@dfwfamilyrealty.com
Your question might be well asked of some of the people who live in the area where you are contemplating buying a house. But then again, it is best to do your own research if this is an issue for you, because you can't really trust other people's opinions to align with yours.

People who build a house off the end of a runway, and then complain about the noise from airplanes don't get much sympathy. Likewise if you buy a house near a railroad track. You can't complain about the trains later. I flew jets in the Air Force so I love the sound of their engines, and the smell of JP-4. Trains have been my hobby for all my life, so I might like to live close enough to watch them roll by, and have that visceral sensation that their rumbling produces.

But as your Buyer's Agent I would make sure that YOUR wishes are respected, and I would represent your best interests. So if a client tells me that any source of noise is going to bother them, we will make sure we are looking in a neighborhood that is as quiet as it can be.

Engage a Realtor with experience. Consult with someone who knows the local area. Ask for their professional opinion, and they will guide you to the right location to purchase your next home.

That's what I do for my clients!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services
817-300-6121

WholeLife@Yahoo.com
==================