Home Buying in Corona>Question Details

Shelly, Home Buyer in Corona, CA

How much would taxes be (including Mello Roos) on new home priced at 500,000 in the Retreat (Ryland Homes)?

Asked by Shelly, Corona, CA Sun Aug 8, 2010

Hi shelly,
Unless things have changed in the last year and I don't think they have, the tax base for most of the Retreat is at 1.1%. the last client I had in there had a mello roos of $3900 a year. Yes $3900! They are not all the same though. You can put in an address on this link and should be able to check taxes. https://taxpayments.co.riverside.ca.us/Search.aspx
It sounds like a lot of tax and in comparison to a lot of other places in Corona I guess it is much higher; however; consider the amminities and security and overall feeling you have of living in that type of community. There really in my opinion is no comparison to anything else out there. I believe it is a matter of "You Get What You Pay For" Absolutely beautiful community.
Payment on a $500K home with 20% down is about $2,604.00 PITI Plus the Mello Roos of about $325
**Total Approximately $2,929
**this is assuming your credit score qualifies you at 4.5% loan rate. and Mello Roos is at $3900

If I can be of any assistance to you please call me.
Connie Bramble
Prudential CA Realty
The Mello Roos, CFD etc. are based on how the builder chose to address the improvements that were required by the city and/or county. In order to give you an exact amount you would need to provide the address. Even then the general levy is based on the purchase price (usually in Riverside County it ranges from 1% to 1.056 and the rest do not change (unless they have an increase ability that was provided in the purchase of the bonds themselves) no matter what you pay for the home. So you see I would need the address and the purchase price amount to be able to provide you with the answer. Or you can call the Assessors office and I believe they might be able to help you. Send me an email or call me and I will help.

Diana 909-560-0145
Web Reference: http://www.dianam.com