Home Buying in Laguna Niguel>Question Details

, Home Buyer in 92883

How much should you pay per sq/ft in Laguna Niguel in todays market for a 3 bd/ 2ba, 1960 built house which?

Asked by , 92883 Tue Feb 10, 2009

has not been upgraded ?

How much of a premium should you pay for a mountain view ?

Tks !

Answers

13
I would recommend google your address you are looking for. There will be unknowns which you can not see without seeing the property. Look and see if it comes up under RedFin.com. If it comes up you will find comparables look and see other properties for sale.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Michael
It sounds like you are talking about the Niguel Hills or Pacesetters communities. These communities have homes that were built in the 1960's and some will have a view. Price per square foot does not always give you a good basis for comparison. For a home in either of these neighborhoods, you could expect to pay $450,000 to $500,000 for a home that has not been upgraded. Homes in this area range from 1350 to 1750 original square feet with 3 - 4 bedrooms. In the last 3 months there have been 4 closed sales under $500,000; 1407 sq ft sold for $419,000 (one of the lowest sales prices since 2002), 1740 sq ft with a mountain view sold for $475,000, 1448 sq ft sold for $492,500, and 1856 sq ft with a hills view sold for $500,000.

There is a new bank owned property that just came on the market today with a view. It is listed at $509,500. It happens to be the lowest priced home currently listed in the neighborhood fitting your description. If you are not working with an agent, I would be happy to help with additional information.

Missy Wiesen
Realty Benefit
949-887-6644
email: missyrealtor@cox.net
If you are working with a good agent a buyers contract is great for both of you. They are to be avialble and ready for your successful purchase and you are working with them.

If it is one sided no.
Joe there are programs which are in the range for pricing. I like firefox .
I have read other realtors answers. 1St not all Laguna Niguel homes have views, let alone mountain view.
We are blessed to have one of the best areas in Orange County, California to live and that adds to the price.
The great thing is how many #1 agents are located in Laguna Niguel. The price here is for life style.
I would say anywhere from $275-$350 a SF would be appropriate. Factors to consider would be view, lot size, and the lack of upgrades you mention. I could give you a better estimate if you provide the address or neighborhood of the property, then I can review recent sold comps to prepare comparative market analysis.
Web Reference: http://www.liveoc.us
This is a great question and comes back to, location, location, location. Get the facts, where is the property?
Joe, Properties in Lagun Niguel run higher than other areas close by with homes the same age. You can either have mountain views, ocean views or no view. Sqft. for a good buy will be $300 to $350 sqft. Ocean views are much higher.

Why would an agent in Arcadia or Encino even attempt to answer this question? At least Mark's home zip code is the same as the area in question. I realize that all we California licensed agents are licensed to sell anywhere in the state, but to try to give valid information about a property 50-100 miles away from your home base seems like a bit of a stretch.
If you provide us with an address we can send you a cost analysis including market trend.

Jeff and Cheryl Fox

Properties Plus
818-995-9108 Office
800-917-8080 Toll Free
818-207-2013 Cell
Email: mail@jeffandcherylfox.com
Webstie: http://www.jeffandcherylfox.com

16133 Ventura Blvd. 7th Floor
Encino, CA 91436
I would say somewhere between Mark's # and my #. Doesn't every home in Laguna Niguel have a mountain view?
I pulled comps in Laguna Niguel, homes built from 1960 to 1970, closed escrow in the past three months and calculated $326 per foot. Remember that’s an average price. You obviously have several other factors to calculate such as: upgrades, differed maintenance, lot size, view, etc… If you have a specific property in mind, email (palma@firsteam.com) the address to me and I’ll send you a full market analysis. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.markpalma.com
I just ran a quick CMA and came up with $377. This number is skewed because I used available properties. Everything depends on the actual location and if it has views. It should go up or down accordingly. Great view add $100 or so. A fixer with no view and an average location minus $20-30 or so. The closer to the beach, the more you will pay.