Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Trulia Atlan…, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

How much should an inspection of a typical family home cost?

Asked by Trulia Atlanta, Atlanta, GA Thu Jan 17, 2013

Answers

12
Like real estate commissions, the price of home inspections is negottiable. However, top of the line home inspectors are in demand and they do not negotiate - a price is named and you can accept or decline.
It varies depending on the size and sales price of the home. Typically the "norm" inspeciton will run around $350-400. This is just for a visual inspection w/ pictures, explanations and if need be advice to have specific inspecttions like structural, air or termite. I have two very good inspectors if you need names and telephone numbers. If you are working w/ a real estate agent you may ask his/her reccomendation on inspectors. Best of luck
Kathleen Kane
ReMax Around Atlanta
404-309-4633
Single family - 300-400$.
Condos - 200-250$
On average it is around $300 to $350 but I have seen a couple go higher due to the size of the property.
It does depend on the size of the home but a good inspector will probably be around $300 to $350.
It does depend on the size of the home but a good inspector will be around $300 to 350.
Hi Trulia Atlanta, Prices of inspections vary. The more precise the more the costs.
Depends on the quality and thoroughness of the inspection.

You are suggesting a basic, viisual inspection, right?

From there, it's about size and property type.

I saw a 2 page word doc that this absolutely moronic inspector completed back in 2005 - I witnessed the inspection - he was such a tool. The buyer paid $200 for it. No photos.

I've been working with Jim Logan at Extreme Inspections since 1998 - his base is $250 for a simple condo. His reports are thorough, detailed and worth the money...
Web Reference: Http://intowninsider.com
Expect to pay $350-$450 for three to four bedroom home. Be sure to comparison shop so you understand what will be inspected and what their report will include. Additional testing or inspections may be recommended for mold, radon gas, lead paint and structural issues.

Be there for the inspection too, this a great opportunity learn about your new home.

Dave Herren
Best Atlanta Properties
404-425-4945
define typical

Russ is in range, the more detailed and larger, the higher the fee. If you budget 350 you should be covered
Web Reference: http://www.hmtatlanta.com
The inspector that I recommend to my Buyers charged $225 today for a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo. He is very thorough, too! He charges around $275 for a detached home -- depending on the home. Prices will change depending on location (how far the have to drive), type of property, whether there is a crawl space, and sometimes square footage depending on the inspector. Most other inspectors that I have come across charge in the $325-350 range. Please feel free to email me if you would like his contact information or further assistant.

Michele Goddard
Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta
micheleatkw@gmail.com
It varies depending on age, and size, type structure etc. Most homes are between $350- $450.
Some maybe slightly less and some more for larger homes.
Also rates will usually vary by the inspectors experience, usually newer inspectors with less experience will charge less or inspectors that are not busy and need work.
I have been inspecting full time for 20 years, Code Certifed, ASHI and NACHI Member.
Do not look for the cheapest inspection because that is what you may get.
Get the most qualified inspector with a fair price, that is what we do.
http://garmonhomeinspection.com