Home Buying in Woodbury>Question Details

buckeyecolum…, Home Buyer in Woodbury, MN

How much is the avg townhome/condo fees in Woodbury.MN

Asked by buckeyecolumbus, Woodbury, MN Wed Feb 20, 2013

Answers

6
Association dues are can vary greatly. It really depends on the association's expenses and the age of the complex. The newer complexes tend to have lower fees generally $125 - $175 and the older complexes tend to be higher than that. As they buildings age, more maintenance is required. If you would like me to run some specific complexs and get averages give me a call.

Vicki Schwartz
MN Real Estate Options
Broker/Owner/Short Sale Professional
Accredited Platinum Real Estate Professional
Phone: (952) 443-2056
Fax: (952) 236-6429
Cell: (612) 801-2355
Check out our website at http://www.mnrealestateoptions.com for great information on all aspects of real estate, for Buyers, Sellers and Investors
Incorrect - newer communities are higher than 175 in Woodbury
Flag Sat Nov 30, 2013
Well just to clarify $0 means essentially it is a Twin Home and not a TH with an association.

I worked in this area with a buyer for a fairly long time in the lower price points (first time buyer range) and would say that on average $140-$220/month can be expected. The majority of the associations will all cover the same thing, but in rare cases you will get the water paid for due to 6 or 8 units sharing a water meter.
Buckeyecolumbus,

I would go to either edinarealty.com or results.net and use their map search feature. It will allow you to find a neighborhood and look at all the homes for sale on a geographic basis. The association dues will be on the listings of each home.

A lot of people I work with for pre approvals like to do a little more research before they take the plunge and start to work with a realtor, That can feel like a big step. Once you do find one you want to work with they really help to find the right home for you and avoid some nasty mistakes. I wouldn’t buy without one.

Feel free to contact me if you would like some help with those websites.

-Matt Christensen
Buckeyecolumbus,
If you are still looking for let me know. You can contact us at http://www.DurhamExecutiveGroup.com.

John Durham
RE/MAX Results
Flag Sun Dec 22, 2013
Get an agent, please! It costs you nothing and gives you the information you need. Let your agent do the searching, meet your criteria for housing and help you determine what is the best possible property to meet your budget and housing needs. As for fees, they are just like everything else. It depends on what you get! Liz 612-986-4105
Very good question. Association fees can go from $0-$400 per month in Woodbury. The rate depends on what services you are getting. For $0 you do all the snow/lawn/maintenance work for your townhome/twinhome. Problem with that is your idea of the correct way/frequency of say for example snow removal may be different than your neighbor. That also goes the same for roof replacement-you may want all the roofs to be the same color, but your neighbor likes a red roof and another neighbor wants a green roof. You should also know how healthy an Association is. One of the checkpoints is to see if the Association accepts FHA financing. If it does not something is wrong and if you buy in that association you will have a difficult time selling, since most buyers use FHA. Buying real estate is tricky and you do not want to make a big mistake.
HI,
It depends on the complex. Which one or address are you looking at?