Home Buying in Richfield>Question Details

Debbie Andre…, Both Buyer and Seller in Pewaukee, WI

How much is the Richfield, WI market down from 2007 for homes between $225,000 - $300,000.?

Asked by Debbie Andrews, Pewaukee, WI Wed Jun 1, 2011

In addition, how do you handle a listing when the home may be extremely well maintained, but never updated on the interior.........especially for homes built in the 70's.

Answers

2
Voices Member’s answer
I AM SORRY BUT I CANNOT RESIST. ALL OF THE HOUSES WENT DOWN, TRY BELOW ASSESSED VALUE DARLIN' ALOT!!!! IF YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED YOUR 70'S HOUSE BE PREPARED TO LIST AT A SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCED PRICE. AND WHEN YOU SAY WELL MAINTAINED ARE YOU SAYING YOU KEPT IT CLEAN AND ORDERLY? THAT ISN'T GOING TO MAKE ONE BIT OF DIFFERENCE IF YOU STILL HAVE BLONDE CABINETS, LINOLEUM FLOORS, SHAG CARPETING, PANELED WALLS ETC., SOO.... GET A REALITY CHECK DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK OTHER PEOPLE ARE GOING TO PAY A HIGH PRICE AND THEN HAVE TO GUT OUT WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING ALL ALONG? PERSONALLY, I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT "EXTREMELY WELL MAINTAINED" MEANS AND HOW YOU DEFINE IT.
In looking at sales from January through May between the two years, sales are down 66.7% and listings down over 90%. 2007 median sale price was 237,000. 2011 median sales price is 245,000.
The median list price has dropped from 279,450 in 2007 to 229,500 in 2011. For the entire year of 2007 the average list price was 254,400, so list price was declining throughout the year.

If you want suggestions on simple things you can do to that don't cost a lot of money to the interior of your home, please contact me to discuss. There are quick fixes that are easy to do and give your house an updated look. I'd be happy to help.
Kaye Erdman
kerdman@firstweber.com