Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Lisa, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

How much is homeowners insurance and taxes (yearly) for a house appraised at $200,000.?

Asked by Lisa, San Antonio, TX Sat Mar 9, 2013

Answers

9
Lisa, the responses you have received so far are correct - it all depends. But is you are looking for ball-park numbers. I would estimate that in San Antonio RE taxes would be around $450 per month and insurance (again varies a lot depending on what coverage you get) but ball-park it at around $85 per month.

Call me for more details.

Roland Gonzales ABR< GRI, CRS, CDPE
Broker/Owner
http://www.eCasaRealty.com
rolandg@gvtc.com
210-722-2725
Tax amounts vary based on location. Different factors influence it such as being inside or outside the city limits or being inside an incorporated city. A bigger factor is the school district and what percentage they use to determine the tax on the home.

If you can give me a an address I can give you a more specific estimate.

Gregory Touchstone
Keller Wiliiams City View - San Antonio, Tx
210-660-2834
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 9, 2013
Hi Lisa, Thanks for your questions.
Please call me @ 512-550-6543 at your first opportunity.

Alice Brusco, MBA
Realtor / Broker Assoc.
The general rule I use for ESTIMATING taxes in the city, is $3 per $100 valuation. So a $200,000 home would be about $6,000 ($500/month) and about $100/month insurance.
Something the Chamber of Commerce and Realtors might not tell you: San Antonio has some of the highest property tax and sales tax rates in the country. But housing is STILL a great bargain here. You get a lot for your money, despite the high property taxes.
Hi Lisa,

I am a licensed Insurance Agent and I can give you a quote over the phone for free. There are few important coverage based on the home appraised value and the condition of the home that you need to keep in mind when you are looking to protect your home in Texas.

The homeowners insurance can vary by the areas of town and tax rate and there are several other variables that I would be glad to explain to you over the phone when I talk to you.

Call me at 210-388-2317 at your earliest convenience Monday through Friday 9 am to 5:30 pm. I will see that your home remain well protected and save you quiet a lot on your insurance premium.

My Best,

Mona Shaboon
Balsam Home Realty, LLC
Broker/Owner
210-388-2317 Direct
Broker@BalsamHomeRealty.com
Hello Lisa,

Homeowners insurance and taxes yearly are various based on location. If you know the area please let me know and I can find out what the tax rates are. Insurance is different on coverages you choose.

Shail Patel
Keller Williams Alamo Heights
(210) 454-2904
shailgpatel@kw.com
Hi Lisa,

It depends what area the property is in. The rates differ from area to area. Here is a link to all the tax rates and you can calculate on your own.

http://independencetitle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/TaxG…

Insurance depends on who you are using and what you want to be covered.

I hope this helped you a little.

Claudia McShane
Joyce Klein Realtors
(210) 744-4502
The_Realtor4U@yahoo.com
http://www.SAHomes4Sale.net
Web Reference: http://www.SAHomes4Sale.net
Hello Lisa it really depends upon the area the home is located in. If you are in Bexar county you can look up the home's address on line with the appraisal district (most any county for that matter). Insurance you can obtain a quote from a local insurance agency, also depends on location too. Good luck :)
Home owners insurance will vary depending on the value of the home minus the land value. An oceanfront home might be $200,000 with a $50,000 house on a $150,000 lot and the home insurance is based on the $50k. Another house might be next to a city dump and the lot is worth $20,000 and the house is a mansion worth $180,000 making the insurance more costly. So you can't answer your question as asked. We need to know the home value, not the lot and home value.