Home Buying in Katy>Question Details

Hmebuyer, Home Buyer in Houston County, TX

How much is difference in price that the builders lists the home at and the actual price that the home is sold for?

Asked by Hmebuyer, Houston County, TX Tue Feb 14, 2012

Hi everyone,
I am looking for to buy a single family home in Cinco ranch 56 section. I've been doing some research of the sold listing there and I see that there is difference in listing price that the builders quotes and the actual price that the home is sold for?
suppose my builders lists the price @ $ 357,000 , how much should I quote a offer and how much is the house actually going to go for?
Thanks in advance.

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Katy

Answers

12
Who is the builder? This is vital information to start the negotiations. Are you currently working with a good agent?
Best Regards
Gary Jones
218-994-5213
As a Builder, I can say: It Depends.

Some homes sell for MORE than List Price. If they buyer adds options or needs more closing costs.

Some home sellf or LESS than List Price. Reasons vary from "Inventory Homes" which we have already built and are willing to sell for less. To homes which may have less features. To removing incentives such as Closing Costs from the calculcation if the Buyer does not want them in the price.

If you have the recent sales information, you should be able to calculate the percentage difference on a SIMILAR home to the one you want. Then use that as a guide in making your offer.

*****************
IF THIS ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION: PLEASE GIVE ME A "THUMBS UP!" or "BEST ANSWER!"
*****************
Web Reference: http://www.natewolf.com
Every home stands on it's own. What you need to best be able to negotiate is have and understand market information. With knowledge of the market comes the power to negotiate more effectively the best deal possible. If this is a popular development it may be harder to negotiate a lower price but there are so many variables in every deal it is hard to speculate without having the necessary information to make an educated offer. I recommend finding a good agent in your area who knows and understands the market to help present you with the data so you can see first hand what a good deal actually is.

Best of luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
Pri...if some Realtor knew the answer to this question then he/she would be better off trading stock options.
Remember...you are in a very popular community and the Builders know it. Traffic is good these days and there are lots of Buyers. I would start at 10% off the ask price and be ready to come up. How much...? That is up to you. Take your time....but be aware that you could potentially lose the house to another Buyer. Do you know what a BTSA is? Almost all of these inventory homes in Cinco have one. You will pay for it but not get it. Go to my my website to understand how not to pay for a BTSA. Also, if you like, send me an e-mail and I'll send you an article on how you can get the best guaranteed rebate on your Realtor's commission. In other words a large cost reduction for Buyer Representation when buying a new home.
Web Reference: http://www.2-4-U.com
The negotiation process is unique to each transaction. Not only we negotiate the best deal for our clients but guarantee an extra 5K discount. Contact me for full details on our guarantee program.
I was just walking through the builder specs on Radcliff Lake and Pilibos Park. They are nice! The structural upgrades of adding an additional full bath and the garage extension on some of the available homes on these streets are great upgrades to have put in. Both builders are excellent. One, TM, was 2011 GHBA Builder of the Year.
Thank you everyone for the responses.....
The home that I am looking at is a inventory home ... The builder says that there are $71k in upgrades. ...
And the home price is $357k ...
Inventory homes are homes that are somewhere in the building stages or recently finished. There are many variables that might motivate (or not motivate) a Builder to negotiate on the price. Factors such as: How long has the house been finished? How much Buyer traffic the sales office is currently seeing? If the Builder is financing or owns the home? Are they closing out the section soon? Go to my website to see how you can get AT LEAST 2.5% minimum off the price of your home and that is not factoring in whatever can be negotiated off the price.
Web Reference: http://www.2-4-U.com
The home you are looking to buy, is it an inventory home? If so, the builder is more negotiable on that house than if he built a new one. Builders are making some amazing deals today. However, Veronica is right. You must also consider the upgrades in that home. I agree you would do well, to obtain and Realtor to work for you as a buyer even though it is a new home. I have clients who can attest to that fact. Just because it is a new home, doesn't mean you don't need representation. My advice is hire a Realtor and let them help you maneuver the maze.
The advertised price may or may not be including selections and changes made to the base, or basic, floorplan of the home being built. The final price will depend on what the purchaser selects for the home; such as: granite, plumbing and lighting fixtures, among many other things. The price is also affected by any incentives a builder may be offering to buyers any given month. Often builders advertise monthly sales and promotions.
Finally the price will be influenced upon the buyer's Realtor's experience and expertise with negotiating with the builder's representative. The best Realtor to work with is one who has strong relationships and a solid positive reputation with the builder, and a Realtor who is trained specifically in negotiation strategies.

I would be happy to assist you through the new home purchase process. The vast majority of my 14 year real estate career has been in working with buyers of new home sales in Katy, especially in Cinco Ranch. I've lived in Cinco Ranch since 1997.

I live and home office in Cinco Ranch Cedar Grove, walking distance from the model park.
I've been a member of the Greater Houston Home Builders Association (GHBA) and their Sales And Marketing Council and Custom Home Builders Council for years. I know many of the sales professionals in the Cinco Models very well. I've also been trained as a master certified negotiator. I hold the MCNE designation, which is the highest level of negotiation training a Realtor can obtain.

I wish you much success.

Veronica
281-844-6285 text/cell
You can call or email me and I can assist you. There are many variables involved in the pricing. I can get information on all builder incentives on the particuliar property. I can also possibly get you rebate dollars to help with your cost's. Let me assist you......I can save you money!
Web Reference: http://www.KatyForSale.com
You need a Realtor to assist you regards to making a sales offer. Where many families go wrong not using a Realtor obtain factual information on their behalf .

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com