itsmebranbran, Home Buyer in Redding, CA

How much if anything should I pay more for a home that has a pool? The pool is original to the house which was built in 1968.

Asked by itsmebranbran, Redding, CA Wed Jun 6, 2012

Answers

4
In my opinion, having a pool in the Redding area is a must. Young or old, one will enjoy our hot summers a whole lot more if you have a pool.

An older pool, such as you mentioned could be a huge expense going forward especially if it has not been properly maintained over the years. Assuming that it's an inground pool and depending on it's condition it's size and type..... I would give it a value of anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000.
A pool is really a preference. Some people want one and some wont buy if there is one. In a price opinion it usually would be no more than $10k. The same as a garage. I would not always count it as an additional price increase.
Depends on location of home and condition of the pool. Is it an above ground pool, does it have a vinyl liner or is it gunite? What is the address or area that you are looking at?
It's an in ground pool, has some cracks that will have to be addressed soon. The house is in the Mistleto area and was built in 1968 1400 sqf, 3 bed 2bath the house is all original on the inside. Will need a major overhaul. The asking price is 150,000.00 and I feel that is way too high for the amount of money that will need to be put into it. I just don't know what my offer should be.
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012
Good question but it's all dependent on the neighborhood that you're looking in. What's the name of the subdivision or nearest cross street and what are the details of the home like square footage and amount of bedrooms and bathrooms?
It is in the Mistleto area, the house was built in 1968 1400 sqf, 3 bed 2bath the house is all original on the inside. Will need a major overhaul. The asking price is 150,000.00 and I feel that is way too high for the amount of money that will need to be put into it. I just don't know what my offer should be.
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012