Home Buying in Glenolden>Question Details

Manny, Home Owner in 19111

How much does it cost to take care of a sewer tie-in for a home in Glenolden, PA?

Asked by Manny, 19111 Mon Nov 29, 2010

I'm considering purchasing a home in Glenolden, PA. It's a new construction on a vacant land. Home needs sewer tie-in which has all been approved by township. However, before I make a decision, I would like to know how much would it cost me to get this done. Please help!!! Thanks, in advance!

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes Manny:
To Answer your question; There needs to be an assessment of the new Construction, Not just for Real Estate Tax purposes but for New Construction on the site. Glenolden Borough is your first resource since you state which has all been approved by Borough. On their website http://www.glenoldenborough.com/borough-forms-permits.php
there are the forms for permits and certain fees.
I know the Lot you are referring to. I also personally know a few members on the Glenolden Planning Commission, I was previous Chairman, (2) terms on the Commission over 10 yrs ago. Plumbing permits along with concrete permits must be obtained by the Contractor performing the sewer tie-in. A few quick phone calls could help you save thousands of dollars. Usually the tie-in is charged by the foot plus labor and materials. If you need a few plumbing/contractors, we have referrals for you. This way you are prepared before making an offer on the total cost. Be sure to negotiate for this work. You should definitely obtain a Realtor with a ABR designation to help you negotiate the transaction. But enjoying a successful real estate transaction requires knowledge and experience. See the benefits and home buying resources when using a certified ABR agent. (website below)
FIRST STEP: You should be represented by an attorney and/or Realtor. We have references for both.
Call me personally if you have further questions and concerns. Good Luck!

see why below link for research
Web Reference: http://rebac.net/index.cfm
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 29, 2010
Can you call the township directly? You should get that question answered directly from the source. Or the seller should know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 1, 2010
I know the home you are speaking of, needs some additional work as well i believe. Im not sure of the cost but the seller may have an estimate in writing however i would suggest you obtain your own estimates in writing.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 29, 2010
Good afternoon Manny, if you are not currently represented by a real estate professional/attorney, you should be. There is a good possibility that the sewer tie-in may have been negotiated as part of the transaction. Is there going to be a mortgage? If so what is the current sewage disposal system? Is it certified? Will your lender accept a non-certified system? These and several more questions should be answered prior to entering into an Agreement Of Sale. The township that you are purchasing the home in should be able to either quote a price or refer a township approved ontractor who can. Good luck, Steve
Web Reference: http://www.stevesisman.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 29, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer