Home Buying in York>Question Details

Mark Neumeis…, Home Buyer in Annville, PA

How much does it cost to dewinterize a home in Manchester, Pa?

Asked by Mark Neumeister, Annville, PA Tue Nov 20, 2012

We are looking at a house and would need to de-winterize the home for inspection. It has a well and a septic. I was told we would need to "bring in water" to test the septic and possibly shock the well to test that part. If after inspection we decide to not purchase the home we are responsible for re-winterizing it. I'm just wondering what the costs could add up to with all this based on if we do decide to purchase it or if we do not and need to have it winterized. It is a short sale and the seller and bank will not pay to have it done.

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in York

Answers

5
I just turned on my water in my western PA HUD, Fannie home!! The person who HUD had winterize it took wire cutters, they are like Needle nose pliers and cut the copper pipes in 3 places!! Two of the cuts were over the laudry tub and one to the cold water intake to the water heater!! I called Hud and they took two business days to call me back, after the first guy said that that was Auction.com's plumber!! The date of the winterizion was may 2012 and Auction.com did not get the home for about 8 months later!! My plumber said after $450 of work that the vendor, plumber for HUD did this to let the water out and air in and there is a machine for that purpose and him/she cutting the pipes was just laziness!! Please let me know if anyone else has had the same problem.. Thanks
I am so sorry to hear that, I know a few of the agents there and they are good agents. If you are looking for a new agent, I would be happy to help you out. I have lived in York Co. all my life and I am very familiar with the area and have been in Real Estate for 14 years. I am with Prudential Bob Yost Homesale Services and they are a great company to work for and to work with. I have many satisfied customers and I go over and above to help my buyers and sellers with anything I can. I just spent 6 hours with a new seller helping her with the process to list her house and I know she would give you a good recommendation for me. Contact me if you want to help you find your new home. Thanks.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
No Longer need the information. Our Realtor and the selling realtor, both of which work out of the same office didn't communicate properly causing us to lose the offer on the house. I do not recommend Keller WIlliams of York to anyone for any reason.
You can contact Matt Thomson at iGo Septic Services in York. He will give you the pricing and does an awesome job. I have been using him for 10 years and recommend him highly. His contact number is 888-292-0206. You will need a hydraulic load test since it is sitting vacant and that is when they bring in the tanks of water to make sure your drainfield is working properly. He also can check the well and shock it if needed. Give him a call and tell him that I sent you.
You should call a plumber/ septic company and get estimates on these costs. They would be the ones that handle the de winterizing .
If your not sure what company's are close to the property I sure can look some up and get them to you. Or your Realtor should be able to contact someone on your behalf.