Home Buying in Deltona>Question Details

Berta, Other/Just Looking in Deltona, FL

How much does it cost to build a 4 bedroom house inluding two master bedrooms here in deltona, fl.?

Asked by Berta, Deltona, FL Thu Feb 12, 2009

I already have the lot.

i have a home in Deltona with two master bedrooms,and two other bedrooms and another bath,plus great room,dining room,eat-in-kitchen,pantry laundry room,screened porch,fenced yard an dpool on large corne rlot,but have to get 295,000 for it.and 2 car garage with attic storage.Ceiling fans and the house was built in late 2003. want to move but may have to stay caus epayed a lot in 11/05 plus put front load washer an ddryer on pedistals,plus two new celing fans and fenced yard and pool,plus 9 zone sprinkler system an dwater softner,so need to get at least 290,000 or more,guess were doomed for awhile?
Shop around for your builder. I always say get at least 3 opinions and somebody going to beat out the other. They should give you a price per sqaure ft for a general base construction cost. There are several good builders in the area I would contact. If you'd like more information please email me. Shouldn't be an overwhelming amount. Not in this market. Building cost are down everywhere...

Warm Wishes,
Diane Fuchs, CRS, GRI, ABR, E-PRO
Broker Associate
Michael Saunders & Company
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 30, 2009
This is such a broad question that there is really no dollar amount that you can place on it without knowing the details. I've know homes to be built for as little as $35/sq foot and as much as $150/ sq foot. It is highly dependant upon the spec level of the home and how much work you intend to do. Create an extremely detailed spreadsheet that includes everything (down to the nails) to come up with an estimated cost for the build. In doing this you will also be creating your spec level as you work through your spreadsheet and create this dream home (albeit on paper). Good luck!
Depend on upgrades, cost of land - but rule of thumb- normal features, X of land- 2 car, carpet on floors
$90. a foot for the heated area plus about $5,000 for extra master.

Your best bet would be to find a REO built- where you can get upgrades, land for about $70. a foot

John Bennett