Priandnoah, Home Buyer in 33414

How much does a pool reflect in asking price within same neighborhood? 3/2 no pool $? 3/2 pool $?

Asked by Priandnoah, 33414 Mon Aug 15, 2011

Answers

4
Depending on the size and type of pool would typically determine the reflected asking or offer price. $10,000 would be a good starting point but can go up. If you would like, send me the property address and I can send you a brokers price opinion on what the home would sell for today.
Ronen
Ronen@TishRealtyGroup.com
The "asking price" typically is $25,000 more in south Florida BUT the appraised value I have seen on appraisal reports for 10 years is only $10,000. I asked an appraiser once if it was a million dollar home in Boca Raton with a waterfall etc. and he said well then maybe $15,000 !! This was a real problem after Hurricane Wilma when a lot of pool screens came down. I had a seller lose a deal when their $40,000 2-story pool screen came down! Appraisers give no value to pool screens.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
In Fresno, most of the homes have a pool, so we had a Seminar on Pools:

If the pool is more than 10 years old, it becomes a liability, not an asset; this is due to small cracks and re-texturing; the Appraisers will actually deduct for the pool.

If the pool has a Diving Board, the Insurance companies do not like this. The Appraiser will deduct.

If the pool is a "plain jane" without a Waterfall, Multi-level, Rocks and Landscaping, with trees that drop a lot of leaves, etc, they will take this into consideration.

Pools tend to polarize Buyers; some say Definitely, some say Definitely NOT!

Having said this; if you have a nice newer pools with all the bells and whistles, you could add $10,000 to $40,000 to the Listing Price.

Good luck and May God bless
The variable is if it is above ground, usually $0, if inground the key is its age, condition, size of the yard and is it common for house sto have a pool or do most homes not have a pool. IG pools can add $10,000 to $30,000 depending on the pool, patio and the other factors. the most importtantthing is do you want a pool? if you are going to use it, take the pool, if you dont swim, than you dont need a pool.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com