Home Buying in Piscataway>Question Details

Tom Reynolds, Both Buyer and Seller in New Brunswick, NJ

How much do attorneys charge to transfer rental properties into a llc and change over the deeds? any idea?

Asked by Tom Reynolds, New Brunswick, NJ Fri Aug 30, 2013

Answers

5
Hi Tom

It is about $5-700 to set up the LLC on the low side plus what ever the attorney would charge to change the deed and get it recorded maybe a $2-3 if they do both for you.
Together should not cost more than $1000
contact Eric Hausman of Varano and associates 973-256-1414
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013
Every attorney has their own set fees that they charge for different services.The best way to find out is to call a few lawyers and ask them.
You can check with the county, but I don't believe you are required to use attorney for that. I know I did it once without one in Monmouth county
There is no transfer involved. There would be a change of the deed showing the new owner is a LLC. There will be a fee to set up and maintain a LLC and the lawyer fees will vary from lawyer to lawyer. Start making some calls, it is not going to be horribly expensive and the setting up of the LLC might be the most expensive part.
It varies from state to state and how much the attorney's standard rate is.