Home Buying in Louisiana>Question Details

Richard, Both Buyer and Seller in Louisiana

How much do General Contractors charge for home inspection estimates on home renovations around New Orleans?

Asked by Richard, Louisiana Sat Aug 22, 2009

I have a family friend that always has walk threw and inspected homes that needed renovations for me and gave me an estimate but he got a job out of town for 4 months. So since I have never paid for a contractor to walk threw a house and give me an estimate before, I thought i'd try and find out before I get charged way too much. Just looking for an educated guess really.

It depends on the level of detail.
To perform a basic estimate with basic breakdown of all trades I would charge around $400.00 for a basic 1200 SF home. As a licensed contractor we generally are charging for the walkthrough, identifying possible ways and means to accomplish what you would like to do with the building, and the least expensive way to achieve a clients' goals within a specific budget.

One has to consider what are you going to do with the estimate..for the tighter the price, one requires bringing in electrical, mechanical, etc contractors to also provide pricing and that will require much time.

Call me at 615-2333 if you have any questions.