Home Buying in Andover>Question Details

Wendy, Home Buyer in Andover, MA

How much could I expect to pay to add a one car garage? I have no idea what to estimate for one. Any thoughts?

Asked by Wendy, Andover, MA Sun Nov 8, 2009

house I am lookign at is in MA and there is currently no garage. It could be attached or not.

Answers

2
Ken Lambert’s answer
Hi Wendy- You should be able to get a 1 car garage built (nothing fancy) for under $20K total.
Obviously- attached is a lot nicer and more convenient.

You could also do a carport for less money. Though some people don't like those.

If you want someone good and local to give you a quote, please let me know. I've worked with a few people. Thanks, and good luck,

Ken L.
When we added out two car garage and breeze way - the cost was 32K. That was abot 8 years ago.

I believe 30K (if you do not do any of the work) is a good estimate.

Are you looking at a home with no garage now? If so, make sure there is enough room to add one. Check zoning laws in the location and also check out what is under the ground in the anicipated build area.