Teresa, Other/Just Looking in 91387

How much are association fees for condos/townhomes in Canyon Country.?

Asked by Teresa, 91387 Thu Jan 21, 2010

I am currently renting in Canyon Country, but considering purchasing a home. I need to find out how much the association fees are for a condo or townhome in Canyon Country. What is the price range for the fees ?

All town-homes and condos will have HOA (Home Owner Association) fees per month. Each complex will be different depending what they offer you per month.
All will include common area and home owners insurance but understand most only cover from the walls out. Meaning if your place burns down your personal belongings and sometimes things like custom built ins and kitchens are not included. So you should get rental insurance as well.
Some complexes will include water, trash, and more, it just depends.
It's important to keep in mind that if you are purchasing and going FHA that FHA guidelines have changed and some HOA's are not FHA approved. With FHA you can buy with 3.5% down but if it doesn't qualify you would have to put down at least 20% unless you pay cash.
Below is a link that will lead you to an IDX map search and when you click on the property detail the HOA amount will be on each property detail provided the listing agent input it to the MLS.
Hi Theresa,
The HOA fees depend on what is covered. If there is a pool,landscaping,earthquake insurance, trash, water, outside maintenance(painting & repairs to exterior) or Is there a special assessment(earthquake) plus has there been any lawsuits. The HOA is required to have a certain amount of cash reserves for unexpected repairs. This can also determine if the condo is FHA approved,ie can you get an FHA loan for a unit in the complex. So sometimes a higher fee can cover items that you would pay for like water and trash and your total cost might be less in the long run than if you had a lower HOA that covered bare minimum and you have to pay trash, water, insurance etc. in addition rather than included in your HOA fees.
I would be glad to help you. I have 9 years experience in the Santa Clarita Valley and also a top producer.
Sara Fincher-Schmidt
Keller Williams VIP
25124 Springfield Ct. Suite 100
Valencia, CA 91355
661-254-5159 fax
DRE# 01320123
Hi Teresa,

Well association fees may vary, from 150+ to 250+ and more.

Are you pre-approved yet?

If you are not yet working with any agent yet, I can gladly send you a list, of condo's/townhomes.

I wish you the best in finding your home!

Merlin Barrientos
Realtor Associate
cell 661 713-8780