Home Buying in Hamilton>Question Details

Old, Other/Just Looking in Hamilton, NJ

How much a square foot to build a home in Hamilton NJ 08610?

Asked by Old, Hamilton, NJ Thu Nov 11, 2010

Answers

4
I sell for a modular builder and the going rate is about $100 a square foot for a turn key home. That includes everything except the land which is usually provided by the buyer, and is for water and sewer to the lot. Well and septic cost a little more. Stick built is usually 10 to 20% more, all other things being the same, since those designs are usually less boxy than the modular home. I have built about 36 homes both stick and modular over 20 years in the building business as a side line to my real estate business.

Hope this helps. Visit our website if you would like a quote from one of our builders.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 13, 2010
Materials might be cheaper today but with architect plans / permits / new utilities, you're are probably looking at $150 - $175 ppsf.
Great answer. It depends on what goes in your square foot as far as quality of build and finishing however dont forget to factor- Awhether you are including contractor fees, capital servicing, land cost.
I used to do a lot of rehabs in the area and own rentals as well. This is just a guide base on my experience. It totally depends on what level of materials and finishing you use. If you are doing modular it could be as low as $60-$80 a square foot. If you are building stick, I would figure at least $90 a square foot, but depending on what you are doing it could go up from there quite steadily. Hope that helps.