Terry, Home Buyer in Grosse Ile, MI

How many homes in Coral Lakes, Cape Coral have Chinese Drywall?

Asked by Terry, Grosse Ile, MI Wed Nov 24, 2010

Answers

11
Well I can explain one thing. When they remove this dry wall and bury it.. It will get into the water system and Florida already has water problems.. Solution make the people that brought the stuff from china bring it back.. How easy they forgot of tainted toys and products, like kids toys, clothing, shoes , paints.. any many more items that cause deaths and serious illness. Were were all Fl inspectors when all that diseased crap is brought into this county..
Terry chinese drywall is a huge scary issue. Not an expert in Coral Lakes and Cape Coral but I did write a four part blog about the problem -- I think you'll find it helpful. Here is the link

http://www.trulia.com/blog/monirmamoun/2010/10/chinese_drywa…
Hi Terry

Everyone has really done a fantastic job answering questions.

I am curious, What do you like about Coral Lakes? We have a couple other communities that are extremely nice that do not have Chinese Drywall Homes.

If you would like some expert advice or information up-to-date emailed to you so you can make an educated decision....................Feel free to contact me.

Have a beautiful day! Good Luck

A.J. Ackerman
Century 21 Sunbelt Realty
239-565-7867
aj@ackermanswfl.com
Web Reference: http://ackermanswfl.com
A quick scan of our MLS system shows at least 20 homes in Coral Lakes with disclosures identifying them as having Chinese drywall. By no means is this an inclusive list as these are only homes listed for sale where a disclosure was made.

Coral Lakes also had challenges with foundation settling and 40 homes were torn down by the developer. Here are some blog posts about Coral Lakes: http://www.gulfreturns.com/tag/coral-lakes

Currently there are 16 homes for sale in Coral Lakes. Here is a resource to view active Coral Lakes listings: http://www.greaterftmyers.com/coral-lakes.php

Good luck with your search!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 28, 2010
Hi Terry,
Defective Drywall has been found in both the town homes and single family homes in Coral Lakes. Florida law requires a home seller to disclose any latent, unseen by visual inspection, defects of a home to potential buyers. So if your working with a Realtor he or she should request the Real Property Disclosure on a home you are interested in before you spend any money on home inspections.
The first dozen or so homes built at Coral Lakes also had foundation problems that were picked up by city building inspectors. A special grout was injected in the foundation to correct that problem. As Steve mentioned there are investors who are purchasing these homes that have defective drywall. Many are remediating these homes correctly and putting livable homes back on the market. There are always a few who would take shortcuts and just replace the drywall. Our local home inspectors have made defective drywall a part of there complete inspections. By the way did you notice I didn't use the name "Chinese". This defective drywall came from several sources around the world.
Web Reference: http://wesellswfla.com
Dear Terry,
You would have to ask a Home Inspector.
The last time I asked a Home Inspector, he told me that one in twenty five homes he had Inspected had Chinese Drywall issues.
Chinese/Defective drywall was used during the building boom from 2002-2007. The majority of homes in Cape Coral and the surrounding area do not have defective drywall.

If you are looking to avoid defective drywall, It is easy to detect by the smell, black colored ground wires on outlets, corroded AC cores, copper plumbing hardware, etc.

If you are looking to purchase homes with defective drywall, I can also help. Approximately 1/3 of my business is finding chinese drywall homes for groups of investors, working with the contractors to remediate the defective drywall, and selling the completely remodeled home for profit.

Many people know what chinese drywall is but few are experienced in identifying it. Even less have the connections to do the job properly.

If I can help in any capacity, please call or email.

Steve Geving
Jones and Co. Realty
239-573-1400
stevegeving@hotmail.com
Terry,
As I know Coral Lakes, I can tell you that there are indeed a few, a small percentage.However this does not matter as we have Chinese Drywall certified Inspectors so you don't have to worry about it.I use Jacob Mermin Inspections.$99. Its a great looking community with many amenities and the homes are large with quite afew with lake views. The large majority of homes there do not have chinese drywall and I do not have such data as to the exact number. Jesse does have a sense of humour. Some buyers actually do look to buy them at a discount price and get rid of the drywall.
All offers would be contigent upon such inspection and any others you wish to have.I recommend a general inspection, drywall inspection, and mold inspection. You may sign up on my site below and get your own password.
Good luck and feel free to contact me

LLoyd Nichols
Sandals Realty of SWFL
239-810-2980
realtorlloydn@aol.com
Hi Terry,
First let me wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving! As to how many homes in Coral Lakes had or have chinese/defective drywall, I do not have a number to give you. I can tell you there were many. The homes were built during the building boom that we experienced and added to that were a bunch of hurricanes that took place in Florida and New Orleans as well. So, drywall was in short supply. They then imported the drywall and no one knew that that drywall would be a problem.

We have home inspectors that inspect to see if the homes have the defective drywall. There are now protocols in place to remediate the homes. Unfortunately, insurance companies are not covering the cost and it is costly.

If you have additional questions, please contact me.

Linda Biondi, PMN, LTG
Raso Realty Inc.
239-246-1157 cel
I don't think anybody knows how many homes have Chinese Drywall. I do know I have sold some that have and some that have not.

PS: How is Grosse Ile doing. I lived there back in the 80's
Are you looking to pick some up?

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Bonita-Estero-RealEstate.com