Fungirl, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

How many homes?

Asked by Fungirl, Washington, DC Wed Mar 2, 2011

Does anyone know or have any idea how many homes are you allowed to look at in 1 day with a realtor and in what time frame do you have? Also do the homes have to be in the same vicinity of each other?
Example 3 homes 1 hour

Answers

4
That really depends on the agent...I would be willing to show a client as many houses as you can fit in a day, but sometimes, that is just futile...I think you'll find that somewhere around house number 6 or 7, they will all start to blend together, and at the end of the day, you'll be pretty fuzzy about what you've seen.
Web Reference: http://www.GreatAgents.net
In theory there should be no limit on how many homes you can see or where you go to see them.

In practice, the time constraint depends on how much time your agent has to spend with you that day as well as what makes the most sense. I try to show a maximum of ten homes in one outing and encourage the Buyer to take good notes of the homes that we see (and I make my own notes as well). It's true that even only seeing a handful of homes a time, the details blend together and hopefully the notes are good enough to keep things sane. As mentioned below, some homes may not take as long to view as others - and consider the drive time between homes as well.

On a recent buyer tour, we had nine homes planned to visit ; two owners declined appointments and with the other seven homes located in two nearby communities, we finished in under two hours.
Fungirl;
Depends on you.
You could drive by the home, take a look at the front and say "no way" - 3 seconds.
You could drive by the home, really like it and want the grand tour - 30 minutes or more.
On option #1 you'll see tons of homes.
On Option #2 you might only see 5 or 6.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
May depend on are, in Wilmington, NC there is no limit. We do not start showing until 8 am and stop at 8 pm, unless special permission is granted for a special time by seller. The bad thing about seeing more than 5-6 in a day is that they all start running together. Just make sure your agent prints out info for each one and you take good notes during the viewing- you'll love that later. Good luck!