Kellie, Real Estate Pro in 32542

How loud is the noise?

Asked by Kellie, 32542 Thu Jul 17, 2008

We are looking at a house on RidgeCrest that backs up to backs up to Elbow road. Can anyone tell me what the traffic is like on that road and how loud the jet noise is in that area?

Answers

8
Here is a link to the Virginia Beach City AICUZ - noise zones.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 28, 2008
Is 308 cobble stone 23185 in an air craft noise zone?
We hardly have any out here in Sandbridge Beach!
Pretty much no matter where you go in Virginia Beach, there will be some level of jet noise. The closer to the base or frequent flight patterns you get, the louder the noise. MOST of the time they fly from about mid morning till mid afternoon. They usually calm down for a bit until it's time for the 6pm news. Then they usually stop all together by about 9-10pm. When they beef up the training for missions, they can fly as late as 2 or 3am. Honestly, I've lived here my entire life and you get used it after a while. I'm considering buying a house between the landing strips. You may want to consider asking if the previous home owner has done anything to improve the noise levels like windows designed to help keep noise out or estra insulation. Also, talk to some of the neighbors. Go around 6-7pm on a weekday to get the best idea of how bad the noise gets.
untrue
Flag Wed May 23, 2012
You can go to http://www.TeamLetner.com I have all the school listed with links that can help you get school stats and SOL scores. Hope this helps
Hi I am Kenny Letner an Associate Broker with Keller Williams Realty. If you want to contact me I have a nosie and crash zone map with the decible levels you can expect based on the flight patterns of not only the bases but also the commerical airports. Hope this helps

Kenny Letner
Web Reference: http://www.Teamletner.com
Hi Kellie! I actually used to live near there...and there is quite a lot of noise...at certain times. But it really isn't very bothersome. Make sure your agent looks into what noise zone it is and whether its a crash zone. If you don't have an agent...I have an amazing one in the area. She helped us tremedously!