Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

golemaw, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

How long it takes a bank to record a deed?

Asked by golemaw, Philadelphia, PA Tue Oct 2, 2012

We are currently in a purchase contract with a Fannie Mae property for about 2 months. The closing date has already been extended once and looks like it again. The issue seems to be that the deed isn't recorded. My agent doesn't know why it is taking so long and people have told me it could take up to a year!!

Can someone explain the process a bank has to go through to get the title recorded in Philadelphia?
Is it mainly the city being slow or the bank being slow?
Is there anything we can do to kind "nudge" them along?

Answers

5
In my experience no more than 6 mos but typically 60-90 days. This is very frustrating as a property in my opinion should not be listed with proper deed transfer whether disclosed or not.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
OK Gole,
Your Title Company shold be doing the leg work for your transaction... since they are the firm that is insuring your Deed / Title Recording process for the life of your ownership.

Have your Agent or You contact your title company... That's why you pay for title insurance.

All the Best,
John Curci RE/MAX Properties
hello
I have had it take up to six months, but not longer. The city is very slow at this process, and there is no way to really nudge them along. It sounds like you made a good buy so the wait will be worth it.
Hi Golemaw,

I just went through the same thing that you're going through and it took approximately 3-4 months. The sheriff department real estate unit can give you an idea of how much longer of a time period you may have, but I don't know of any way to speed the process. I can only recommend that you be patient for this slight technicality. If it is a good deal, then I will be worth the wait.

All the best!

Samantha Weekes
Liberty Bell Real Estate
Sounds like what you are waiting for is a seriffs deed.In Philadelphia that process takes a long time .Not n1 year Buy 3-4 months isnt uncommon.
Don A. Sherman
Century21 Advantage Gold
Cell-267-716-8228
Email- realtor94@gmail.com