Rena We, Home Buyer in New York

How long is the list for a parking spot? Where's the nearest train station?

Asked by Rena We, New York Tue Sep 4, 2012

I can only buy a coop that comes with a parking spot.

Answers

3
Hi there... there is no specified time for the waiting period. You should check with management agent how big is the waiting list. The shorter it is-the better for you. Sometimes it could be question of days sometimes years. It all depends on the number of people vacating the parking spots. Some sell apartments, some stop using their car, etc... I know 2 buildings on Sheepshead bay, one has a spot available today, and the other has a long waiting list. Also you might find useful to ask for a spot in the buildings around the one that you choose.
Hope this helped. :)
Takes about 3 - 6 months to get a parking spot in this development. Although, there is a lot of on the street parking in this area of Sheepshead Bay. There are NO alternate side of the street parking. My husband never have any problem finding a spot in front of the building. If not in front, right across the street, we can always see our car from our window.
you did not specify a property - try my site http://www.sherestates.com & advise of what you are looking for...

JM
jack@sherestates.com