Home Buying in Maynard>Question Details

Michelle Rob…, Real Estate Pro in Worcester, MA

How long is the actual commute to Boston during rush hour?

Asked by Michelle Roberts, Worcester, MA Sat Apr 16, 2011

Answers

8
Commute times can push an hour and a half by car. Obviously there are many variables weather, what time you are actually on the road where in Maynard you live and so on.

When I am working as a buyers agent and clients are concerned about commute times and are considering a community or a specific house. I encourage them if at all possible to try the commute and see if it is something they can live with.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 4, 2011
Depends! I could not give an exact time nor would want to. What type of Job do you have? Are the hours Flexible enough that you could miss the "typical" 9am or 4pm-5pm rush. Many of the Buyers that I have been in Maynard with, have jobs with flexible start and ending times which makes the town a great fit for them! Keep this in mind too... Is a long drive to your dream home a bad thing?
Best way to determine that is to try it out. Depending on who is telling you (and what their motivation for telling you is), you will get varying (and sometimes incorrect) answers.
Looking at Google maps during the time that you'd be traveling will give you an adjusted commute time based on actual traffic. It's a snap shot of each day, but that may be helpful.
Within 95 less then 45 minutes and within 495 anywhere from an hour and to an 1.5.

Hard to answer without a starting place but I hope that helps.
Web Reference: http://territory.com/
That depends on where you travel from and what route you take? Where do you live? And which part of Boston are you traveling to?

Yuan's Team Realty
Agent, Acton, MA It can take 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic and weather. Check out the commuter rail in S. Acton!
Depending on sides of town involved (both Maynard & Boston) I'd say 1:15 - 1:30min by car., although holidays & weather can make it longer. You can also look it up on the MBTA's website for public transportation options.
Web Reference: http://www.MedfordHouse.com