Home Buying in Meadville>Question Details

Debby McCain, Real Estate Pro in Meadville, PA

How long does the buying process take?

Asked by Debby McCain, Meadville, PA Tue Jan 3, 2012

Now a days, the loan task is pretty intense, but can be accomplished. Know that there are hoops to jump. Finding the right agent to help with those hoops will make the jump a little easier.

Answers

3
Each type of loan takes a different amount of time to process. The quickest is a conventional loan, but there are VA, USDA, and FHA that all have wonderful programs. USDA takes the longest but is a loan that requires no money down. FHA are the most common as it only requires 3.5% down. Call a local agent and have them help you. They are trained and are able to help you each step of the way and through all the loops that that come up. I would leave a 60 day window in your plans once you get a accepted offer. If it is USDA, your looking at closer to 90 days.
Debby, with you as an agent, I am not sure why you are asking this question (unless you are just trying to get "points" from Trulia.
It depends on the financing, and cooperation of all parties involved. Can be a soon as 1 month, or as long as 4-6 months. I recently closed an FHA transaction in 45 days. However, the buyer had all their paperwork, and we had the Appraiser out in less than 2 weeks. Although things are not as loose as they once were; with the right kind of buyer with total cooperation we can still close a transaction in 30-60 days.

Happy New Year and good luck,

Rob Hughes-Long and Foster RE INC