Home Buying in El Dorado>Question Details

Debby Work, Real Estate Pro in El Dorado, KS

How long does the average buyer look for a home before they make an offer?

Asked by Debby Work, El Dorado, KS Mon Feb 13, 2012

Answers

2
AVERAGE Buyer? In today's world Buyers are looking at homes long before they decide to work with an agent. They search on line, pop in at open houses and eventually get serious.

I've had Buyers write offers on the first outing then there are others who take much longer.

A better question is how long does a serious, ready, willing, able, educated on the market, and realistic about what they can get before writing an offer. For me 5 to 10 homes. Anything outside of that I find that they really want more house then they are willing to compromise on the price they sell for.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
Good question, one to which I have never heard an answer. I have had (too many) buyers look for years. But I don't sell homes normally, just farms. My guess is if they are serious buyers, they will see 5-20 places before making offers. But that is is just a guess. You want to see enough so you are comfortable with values in the area.