queenieb31, Home Buyer in Mount Pleasant, SC

How long does seller have to respond to bid in mt. pleasant sc

Asked by queenieb31, Mount Pleasant, SC Sun Sep 16, 2012

Answers

8
Norm Cooper’s answer
You should be able to call the listing agent or auction service for additional information.
"On line" bids generally will let you know fairly quickly if your bid is acceptable.
Short sales are a different matter. Be carefull.
If a seller is responding to your offer - not a bid - then there should be a response date in your offer. If you did not have a "Buyer's Agent" then you would probably be considered an unrepresented buyer and again would need to contact the seller's agent.
If there are multiple offers the seller will generally disclose that fact and usually move forward quickly with the best one.
What are you selling , Babe??
That would be specified in the contract. Typically it will be about 24 hours, but it really can be whatever you wish to allow.

It is important to give it some thought when writing your offer, as you certainly want to give the seller adequate time to fully consider your offer, but you don't want to be "locked out" of negotiating other alternatives for too long a period.

A professional realtor can certainly advise you in each situation.
Ask the listing agent or call me and I'll ask the listing agent. Most " on- line" bids
will let you know fairly soon if your bid is acceptable.
I assume that you are not dealing with a short sale as that is a completely different senario.
The contract would specify a deadline. Typically 24-48hours, but this will depend on how badly the buyer wants the property. Buyer will be willing to extend if he wants it badly enough. Sellers are in control in Mt. Pleasant right now. The inventory is very depleted and there's only about 4 months of inventory. Many properties are getting multiple offers. The rental market all over Charleston is a landlord's market. He has his pick of who to rent to and should get top dollar. Buying demand is very high due to the extremely low interest rates. These rates are allowing buyers to buy a lot more home and/or have a much smaller payment. It's really extraordinary what's going on the the Charleston real estate market right now. However, it will take a little while before this spreads to the rest of the nation.
Hey doug please call me at 8438568865 this afternoon late. So good to see your name!!!!!! shirley betchman
Flag Mon Sep 17, 2012
Hey Doug!!!!!!
Shirley Betchman here and I need to talk to you. Will be home late this afternoon. My # is 843 856 8865. What is yours?
Flag Mon Sep 17, 2012
You would specify in your contract how long the seller has to respond. I usually recommend 24 hours. You don't want to run into a scenario where you have multiple bids for the same property. The longer you give the seller the more likely they will get more offers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
I guess it depends on the kind of bid:

a. On "normal resales" (i.e. private treaty, it is determined by the buyer's deadline included in the contract written for the offer.

b. If you are buying a lender-owned property you must allow a longer time, since institutions are usually slow responding to bids. Sometimes they may take up to a week to respond.

c. If you are bidding online (as you must to buy HUD foreclosures) the seller usually responds online the next business day.

Alan Donald
http://www.BuyHomesInCharleston,com
Thank you for your question. The answer depends on the offer made. In making an offer on a property a Buyer will actually fill out a SC contract to Buy and Sell Real Estate. In that contract the Buyer will fill out a section that gives the Seller a deadline to respond to the offer, otherwise the contract expires. The typical timeframe is anywhere from that same day, to 5 days, depending on the situation. If you'd like more information on how you should address this deadline please feel free to call or email me. I'm a Realtor with Carolina One Real Estate located in Mount Pleasant. Have a great day!
Ryan Killian
843.284.3289
rkillian@carolinaone.com