Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

Bigdaddy, Home Buyer in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

How long does it take to close escrow after signing loan doc's?

Asked by Bigdaddy, Rancho Cucamonga, CA Tue May 11, 2010

Answers

9
It's usually 1-2 days to fund and another 24 to record. This is usually the time frame in California if everyone is doing their job correctly. I'm sure that you are close to the closing and congratulations!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 12, 2010
Once the loan docs are signed, they are submitted to the processor for further review before being sent to the underwriter for approval. If everything is in order, you could have approval as quickly as 2 weeks. Most seem to require additional information that will need to be provided. Again, once the package is complete it is sent to underwriting to ensure all conditions have been met for final approval. Keep in mind, there are other divisions that are involved as well (i.e. insurance & title companies) that may effect the closing date. All in all the average process is usually 25-30 days.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 11, 2010
i sent them my closing money and they wanted proof of funds my mom gifted me 1400.00 and my brother gifted me the sam i had the rest the total of closing cost is 6600.00 wired it to escrow they needed proof of where funds came from lender has been taking his sweert time tommorow is the last day for my extension i provided them with documents stating where money came from do i still have time if tommorow is my last day? im scared it will fall outta escrow can someone tell me something good or is it all baddd!
in the time it took to get these answers, you are probably now
As soon as your lending institution funds the loan and the seller provides clear signed title, as a rule 1 to 2 days . Your escrow gent will be able to tell you within hours of the closing time.
This is a question that your agent should be handling for you
i know about it already. do not stupid answer for it
Flag Sun Dec 28, 2014
My experience is 2 to 3 days after you signed your loan documents in escrow. If you signed your loan docs with a mobile notary, it may take an additional day or two.

Scott Aubin
Realty Executives
714-878-5040
The purchasing process varies from state to state. In California, as Jay stated, it takes a day or 2 to fund and another to record. It depends on what time the funds are recorded as having arrived at the bank. Each bank has a cutoff time, after that time it is recorded on the next banking day.
If a loan must be funded, it's generally 24-48 hours to fund and another 24 to record. If you brought your proceeds to the signing, then maybe only 24 hours to record. Each lender, escrow officer, and County works at different paces.