Home Buying in Marcy>Question Details

Trevor Fairb…, Home Buyer in Marcy, NY

How long does it take for an Agent to respond to your emails and calls?

Asked by Trevor Fairbairn, Marcy, NY Wed Feb 17, 2010

I tried several times to get a hold of Richard Connolly and he never responds back to me. How long does it usually take?

Answers

7
Hmmmm? Most agents with whom I work, would certainly respond to a phone message or email with 24 hours. It's not always possible to provide an immediate response as previous agents have stated. If you are currently involved in an active transaction and cannot make contact with your agent, you should call the managing Broker of his/her office. You are a client(?) of that Brokerage and so, the manager can address your concerns.
It can take one minute, it can take 15 minutes, it can take 24 hours, etc., etc., etc. It really depends on the agent and how they check their email. Many don't check it regularly. My attitude is that all emails should be addressed and answered the same business day and if it comes in overnight, the next morning. Certainly, within 24 hours or less.
Look Trevor, every agent who reads this is going to say they would get back to a consumer quickly........within an hour,.............within the same day................within 24-48 hiurs...........within 15 min......., etc etc.
We all know it's good business to be responsive.

You didn't say if this is an agent you already have a relationship with....or someone you found on the internet, or someone who was referred to you.
Since you are using his name in a public forum, I wonder if you really want to reach him or simply embarrass him.

If you really care to hear back from him, and he has been unresponsive, say , after 3 calls, then ,try calling his manager..........if you are involved in an active sale or transaction with him..........for sure call his manager or broker right away.

Otherwise.........unless he has an emergency which he will eventually explain to you.....move on to someone new.
I always make it a point to get back to people within an hour during business hours. If I receive a call or email during off hours, it will be answered first thing the next morning. With today's technology, it makes it easy to stay in touch with my clients!

It should take no more than 24 hours at the absolute maximum. I know in my market, if I am unable to respond within an hour or two, I would expect that the client would look elsewhere, and contact an agent who responds more quickly.

Even if an Agent is super busy, he should have an auto-responder to let you know when you can expect a return call. To not respond in a timely manner is unprofessional.
It depends on the agent. I have a Blackberry so I respond immediately to emails unless I am with a client.
If someone calls me at the office and leaves a message , I check messages a few times a day. If they call on my cell phone, I notice a missed call and call as soon as possible , though not when I am with clients., unless it is an emergency.
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
my agent is excellent. she usually always answers when i call and if not she returns the call in a reasonable time. she is also very quick to respond to emails. i feel a good agent should be very accessible