Home Buying in Sandybrook>Question Details

Thomaslewis39, Home Buyer in Forest Hill, TX

How long does it take a person with a pre approved loan to get into a home ?

Asked by Thomaslewis39, Forest Hill, TX Fri Dec 20, 2013

Answers

10
it takes approximately 1 month
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 20, 2013
Thomas ---

I used to own a home in Sandybrook... Is that where you are thinking of buying?
If you haven't done anything over the holidays, please contact me this week. We will get you pointed down the track to becoming a home owner. It shouldn't take us long since your loan is pre-approved.
Let me know what specific questions you have. I guess it is obvious you need a good Realtor. But if you already have one, congratulations!
Just call me when you are ready to hook up your utilities and I can $ave you money on your electric bills, since I work for a Dallas-based energy company. There are no fees to get you hooked up quickly.

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services
817-300-6121

WholeLife@Yahoo.com
==================
Typically a month but it can be shorter or longer depending upon your loan, lender, your status (you open a new credit card, you suddenly got a pay cut etc). I would recommend that you talk to a lender. Let me know if you need a name or two.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Mr. Lewis ---

First of all, it would be nice if people who are not licensed in Texas would stop trying to answer questions designed for an Agent who is knowlegable about practices and polices in Texas.

It is very good that you have spoken to a loan officer already, and you have done your homework to line up your financing. Too many buyers skip this step. What you need now is an experienced Realtor.

One of the things I offer my clients, especially first time home buyers, is a free consultation to go over the entire process of buying a house. I will give you an outline that you can use as a checklist for the basic steps of the whole process. This was developed from my 33 years of experience selling houses right here in Tarrant County. Once we have completed the first five steps, we will begin looking at houses, and then you can select the one you like best. We will submit an offer and negotiate the terms of the contract. When both parties are in agreement, we will date and execute the contract, and I will then send it to your loan officer.

If this is where your question kicks in, then the mortgage company will process it in about a month. But as you can see, there are many other things that have to happen along the way, such as inspections, appraisals, insurance walk-throughs, repairs, and utilities. And don't forget you have to get the seller moved out.

The nice part is where I hand you the keys!

Contact me for an appointment to get started. I work on weekends, AND Christmas Eve.

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services
817-300-6121

WholeLife@Yahoo.com
==================
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 20, 2013
Thomas,
30 to 45 days is typical, but some lenders may be able to work quicker if you fully cooperate or it could be longer if you don't. Partially it depends on the level of pre-approval you have. Some lenders will base a pre-approval on the credit report and your application. This is a riskier preapproval and is subject to being declined. A stronger preapproval will have collected your documentation and had everything reviewed by an underwriter to verify things line up with your application This type of preapproval may take a day or two, but short of losing your job or other undisclosed surprises is now only subject to the purchase & sale, Title & Appraisal.
This more complete preapproval can also close faster since the lender has most of the documentation they will need. You'll need to update things, like new pay stubs & bank statements, but as long as nothing out of the ordinary appears, you'll be in good shape.
That varies from bank to bank, and your situation.
I've had some bank deals close as fast as 2 weeks, while others take months.
Just ask the lender.
I recommend to my clients anticipate from 30- 60 days to close from execution of the sales contract. It depends if property is occupied, any holidays involved to process your loan and many other factors.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
https://twitter.com/Lynn911

(If my answer is helpful indicate by THUMBS UP or BEST ANSWER. Thank you )
Hi Thomas
The time it takes depends largely on your lender and the type of mortgage that you acquire the property with. You are best served though focusing on the steps in the process and making certain that you enter into the purchase with the best possible knowledge and perform your due diligence!
Best of luck to you.

John Straub
Keller Williams
Usually lenders want 30-45days from the time your Contract is accepted to close. A lot depends on how long it takes to find what you are looking for. Please feel free to contact me with further questions.

God bless,
Enyinna Ezeife-Oshakuade
Associate Broker
817-808-7831mobile
817-886-0679direct
866-421-1042fax
http://allsprings.kwrealty.com
Licensed R.E. Broker in MA & TX
*Making dreams come true.
Normally I would say a month.
There can be changes though.
About the fastest I see if everything runs perfect is 14 days contract to closing.
some might stretch out 45days to 60days.

There is some chance too if you find the right house that you could rent for a week or more before closing.....so you find the right deal, maybe 2-3 days.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX