David, Both Buyer and Seller in Arcadia, FL

How long does a buyer have to close on a contract ??? The Title Ins company draw up the contract but forgot

Asked by David, Arcadia, FL Tue Apr 1, 2008

to put in a closing date in it.

Answers

6
There is no set number of days. It is up to the buyer. But most of the time, it is about 30 days if the buyer is obtaining financing.

Call me if you have further questions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 1, 2008
Hello David,

I sure hope that you have an understanding buyer, otherwise they can really make this difficult for you. You might want to contact them and ask them when they would like to close. Failing that, contact an attorney.

Can I assume that this is a FSBO?
Web Reference: http://www.PhilFowler.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 1, 2008
I don't believe Title Companies should be filling out contracts. A Title Agent may have a Real Estate License but unless they do they should not be filling out contracts. There are some exceptions to that rule but that may be why you are in a quandry. The contract should specify the closing date if it doesn't I'm afraid you will need an atorney to sort out your options.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 1, 2008
There is no set time limit to close. Since this was left out of the contract you could have an addendum written and signed by buyer and seller to correct this. There should always be an on or B-4 close date.
It depends on what was agreed on. If its a cash closing I have seen them close in a week with clear title.
I have an awesome title company I work with and they have other offices in other states and towns. Email me at: loriannmertens@yahoo.com
I would have to assume that there was an attorney at the Title company who drew up the contract, although I can't imagine leaving a date out. The buyer and the seller will have to agree on a closing date and sign a contract indicating that date. it is not unusual for the date to change, but both parties have to agree.
Web Reference: http://www.MykeTriebold.com