You don't say how long it has been;
If you are going to get the B&F counter, it will usually be 3-5 days
If you are going to be ignored, it usually happens right away.
Good luck and may God bless
Not sure what you mean. Have you already made an offer and it's not been responded to? If that's the case, I agree with one of my colleagues here. There's no "forcing" the banks to do anything. I do think it's a problem if it's a full price offer and has not been responded to. In most cases, if the house is listed with a real estate company, the contract will state that if a buyer comes along that meets all of the terms the seller has set out in the contract (price being one of them), then the seller is bound to move forward with the transaction.
So, I would question exactly what's going on here. And, give us a little more information to go on to advise you.
Let us know how it turns out, stacey017!
The bankâ€™s response time depends on how long the property has been on the market. Banks may not respond immediately on a new listing for they may waiting to see if they will receive multiple offers. Listing agents typically canâ€™t hurry a bank to respond to an offer. The bank will eventually come back asking for the buyers highest and best offer. While you are waiting, you may be thinking about how you will respond to the bankâ€™ highest and best offer request.
Prudential California Realty