amstraub, Home Seller in Piermont, NY

How long are houses on the maket in the Piermont, NY area?

Asked by amstraub, Piermont, NY Wed Feb 27, 2013

Answers

5
Hi there,

Homes in all areas of Rockland County were taking up to a year to sell recently, but suddenly in Orangetown homes have started to "fly off the shelf" unless they are way overprices. Piermont is in Orangetown and I know when I was recently helping a client purchase a home in that area, if I didn't get to the home the day it was on the market there were several offers on the table already and bidding wars were starting to happen. That being said, each home has its own length of time to sell, but now that it is turning into a sellers market in Orangetown, the southermost and easternmost section of Rockland County, most homes should move within 6 months and much less at times.

I hope this information has helped you. Please feel free to contact me at 914-588-2365.

Take care,
Ellen
Ellen Kippel
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson NY and NJ
Weichert Realtors
Mutli-Million Dollar Producer
Email: eskippel@aol.com
Website : http://www.dreamhomesrocklandandorangeny.com
Website: http://www.ellensellsrealestate.com
The answer for that or any other town in Rockland County is how well it is priced. This is a river town in a very desired area and if a house or condo is listed probably it is usually in contract within a month. Any further questions or concerns please email me at allan.erps@randrealty.com. Regards Allan
Lenght of time will always vary based on exact location, pricing, condition, size, etc.
It really depends. I sold one in 24 hours a week after Hurricane Sandy hit! Some sit for ages. High taxes, and storm concerns are an issue, but as a Piermont resident myself for 12 years, I can attest to the wonderful lifestyle this charming village offers residents. It truly is a very special village, with great restaurants and a fabulous little coffee shop (Bunbury's) which I co/own with my husband Tim :o)
Homes on the hillside offer wonderful views, and i find a lot of my buyers come from overseas looking for a European style of living are attracted to the area. Please feel free to call me direct at 845 848 2218 for more information on the community and you can check out the area statistics, market prices etc by clicking on the link below.. Hope this helped a little. Hope to see you in the village soon, I'd love to buy you a cup of coffee and show you around. Cheers, Vanessa
A lot of factors come into play, most noteably price and location within the village. The short answer to your question is: with a median home price of 630k it is 77 days; with an average home price of 792k it is 162 days. This is during the last 12 months. Expect both numbers to drop as the inventory continues to decline.