Vengancia, Home Buyer in 85233

How long after close do I have to wait to get the keys? I am in Phoenix az

Asked by Vengancia, 85233 Fri Oct 28, 2011

I will be closing on Tuesday

Answers

4
Well, if you closed today usually you will get them the same day! But don't confuse signing at the title company with closing, it's not the same. Closing occurs when your loan is funded and the escrow company has recorded the deed and the transaction is completed. If you're not sure where you are, call the escrow agent that you signed with to find out what's happening and or your agent! If your sale is a foreclosure and the title company is from out of the area, it might take another day.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 28, 2011
Congratulations! When the county recorders office records the transfer of title, the property officially becomes yours and you will receive the keys. Your agent or the title company will notify you when this occurs. Your agent will usually meet you to give you the keys to the home, mailbox, pool fencing and garage door openers. Agents love this part of the transaction as we get to share with our clients the success in buying their home!
Depends on what your contract says. Same day is normal but it all depends on what is in the contract. Talk to your agent for more details as he/she is more familiar with your transaction than we are.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 29, 2011
I would suggest you review your contract. It should state how soon after closing you get the keys. It is normal in CA to give the sellers up to 3 days after close to vacate.